Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nightmare RE Agent and landlord

Nightmare RE Agent and landlord

Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nightmare RE Agent and landlord

I'm assuming it's in Camberwell??

Name and shame these real estate scum.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

We had almost the same sort of problems when we were renting in Qld, we also had pictures of before & afters, we took REA to court on small claims & the judge award us the full refund. then we send a copy of judgment to the rental bond office & they send us a cheuque with our full depoist bond.
Talk to your CAB for your legal right in Vic or the rental association, I googled them for Qld.
Good luck
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of

We live in Melbourne. I will name and shame the agent as soon as this issue gets sorted.

Anyway karma is a sweet biatch - the place remains vacant - 4 OFI and hardly anyone turned up Could be those ghastly pink carpets and the fact they upped the rent to almost $800 p/w Baaahahaaa!!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phat-dave
I'm assuming it's in Camberwell??

Name and shame these real estate scum.
No, that's where we now live. Am not very creative with usernames

Our rental was in a suburb close by.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
We had almost the same sort of problems when we were renting in Qld, we also had pictures of before & afters, we took REA to court on small claims & the judge award us the full refund. then we send a copy of judgment to the rental bond office & they send us a cheuque with our full depoist bond.
Talk to your CAB for your legal right in Vic or the rental association, I googled them for Qld.
Good luck
Thanks. Have already contacted the tenant's union Victoria. I am going to win this and name&shame the agent and landlord in all the relevant online forums soon thereafter.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Camberwell3124
Thanks. Have already contacted the tenant's union Victoria. I am going to win this and name&shame the agent and landlord in all the relevant online forums soon thereafter.
You don't need to take your landlord to court just your REA as that's who you rented the house from & LL can't stop you for not getting your Bond back if the court rules in your favour any way.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

May not be a good idea however tempting. Until it's a case won, I wouldn't name and same. If someone asks you via PM because they're in the same area, there would be no problem with you telling them.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Until it's a case won
Yes, that's what I meant - after I win this
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:50 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IMP INFO - if you're signing a tenancy lease

I can't stress this enough times:

Please take LOTS of photos of the condition of the house before you move in and record it by emailing them to the agent. Unscrupulous RE Agents and landlords will try to rip you off and help themselves to your rental bond at every opportunity if you aren't well prepared.

You've been warned!
Great Advice...............
Old Apr 6th 2012, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I had huge issues with our RE agent when we vacated....

Wont repeat the whole saga here....

But at the end of the day we got our bond back.. And the rental manager "left" her job over the issues...

One would like to think she was sacked... However.... I dont know that for sure...

Dont stress. You have plenty of evidence and right on your side...

She'll be good...
Old Apr 7th 2012, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

God I would've loved your rental manager and mine to be one of the same

I was very trusting and naive when i moved to melbourne and started renting, i had the stupid idea that most folks were decent (even real estate agents). Believe me ive learned a helluva lot in the last few years and PHOTOS, PHOTOS AND MORE PHOTOS are definitely the way to go. Also keep a note of all correspondence between estate agents and yourself , emails , voice messages, when you phoned and not had a response etc.

In other words keep an MI5 file .

p,s DO NOT, DO NOT USE OVENS OF RENTAL PROPERTIES
Old Apr 7th 2012, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Went to trim some shrubs, remove weeds etc. Didn't realise just how dangerous the place is. Rotted timber steps that are loosely staying together thanks to the weeds, rusted nails and the tall fence tilting at a dangerous angle looking like it's about to fall over. Took a nasty fall on a loose timber stair and hurt my elbow very badly in the process. Can't straighten my arm now Hope it gets better by tomorrow otherwise might have to go to emergency being a Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7017220...7629393477228/

On the bright the side, the frikkin yard looks pretty good!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7017220...7629757906757/
Old Apr 8th 2012, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Have never got my full bond back, despite leaving places in excellent condition. Landlords seem to keep part of the bond as a revenue raiser. The last managing agent wanted a full house repaint due to some barely discernable scuff marks by the front door (after 2 and a half years). I cannot stress how utterly useless the RTA (I'm in QLD) were in providing guidance and advice. Good advice here, but I think the majority of landlords in QLD anyhow are pretty corrupt and there's very little in place stopping them being so. It's so stressful renting a place!
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret3
God I would've loved your rental manager and mine to be one of the same

I was very trusting and naive when i moved to melbourne and started renting, i had the stupid idea that most folks were decent (even real estate agents). Believe me ive learned a helluva lot in the last few years and PHOTOS, PHOTOS AND MORE PHOTOS are definitely the way to go. Also keep a note of all correspondence between estate agents and yourself , emails , voice messages, when you phoned and not had a response etc.

In other words keep an MI5 file .

p,s DO NOT, DO NOT USE OVENS OF RENTAL PROPERTIES
Why should I not use the oven in my rental ? I use mine every other day. How else can I cook a roast dinner, lasagnas, pizzas,cakes,quiches,roast vegetables or the apple and rhubarb crumble I made for a dinner party on Saturday and was gobbled up with gusto ?????? We love our roast potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding in the winter
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kips
Why should I not use the oven in my rental ? I use mine every other day. How else can I cook a roast dinner, lasagnas, pizzas,cakes,quiches,roast vegetables or the apple and rhubarb crumble I made for a dinner party on Saturday and was gobbled up with gusto ?????? We love our roast potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding in the winter
Probably because when you vacate the landlord/agent expects it back in an unused, unopened and just off the shop floor condition, if not they will demand a spanking new one of the latest, top of the range model

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.