Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nightmare RE Agent and landlord

Old Apr 6th 2012, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of
Default Nightmare RE Agent and landlord

We were leasing a house in VIC from 01/04/2011 to 31/3/2012. We moved in on 8/4/2011 and moved out on 31/03/2012. The Condition Report was due to be signed by us and returned to them on 06/04. However, since the power was only connected late afternoon of 06/04 we could only complete our inspection the same evening & emailed our findings & photos early 07/04 (agent replied to this and so can’t deny receiving my email).

We went to hand over a copy of the report to the agent who refused to accept it for being a day late. So I lodged the matter with Consumer Affairs VIC (Ref C2011/04/005116) on 7/4/2011 who advised us to keep the photos & record of our emails for future reference.

Today, I also noticed that we were only given one unsigned copy of the condition report whereas they should have provided us with two signed copies at the time of signing the lease.

Before vacating on 31/03/2012, we cleaned well & carpets were professionally steam-cleaned. The garden has some weeds & trees/shrubs not trimmed enough (agreed to trim further). The place is MUCH tidier now than before. As proof I have over 300 photos taken both at the start & end of our lease & disproves ALL their allegations. Photos uploaded on

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70172205@N02/sets/ .

The landlord inspected the place on Sunday, 01/04/2012 and sent us a long laudnry list, alleging the toilets are “repulsive”, tiled floors “obviously unwashed and tacky”, filthy kitchen etc. My photos speak for themselves. They want a ‘big professional clean up’ & plan to deduct around $1,000 or more from our bond.

I will obviosly be fighting this tooth and nail at VCAT. What are my chances of losing my rent bond for sending my report/findings a day late? Would this invalidate my photo evidence?

Thanks,would appreciate any advice.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of
Default IMP INFO - if you're signing a tenancy lease

I can't stress this enough times:

Please take LOTS of photos of the condition of the house before you move in and record it by emailing them to the agent. Unscrupulous RE Agents and landlords will try to rip you off and help themselves to your rental bond at every opportunity if you aren't well prepared.

You've been warned!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Shawn-Sue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMP INFO - if you're signing a tenancy lease

This is what I always do.

I take a lot of pictures of every corner of the property/furniture, burn them on a CD, keeping a copy for myself and give a copy to the agent. They have never been able to get a cent out of my bond!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Default Can a Real Estate Agency take photos of our rental property w/o permission?

The agent took pictures of the inside of our rented premises whilst we were living there (so all our furniture, kids photos, personal items clearly visible), without our permission and used them in their rental adverts. Can they do that?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Good advice, thank you. Will do that.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Our unscrupulous agent and ex-landlord are trying to sting us for $1,000 for cleaning our previous rental property. Anyway the following 'before and after' photos says it all!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70172205@N02/sets/

The thread with my rant is still awaiting mod approval
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Strange, some of my posts appear and some don't

Hopefully my horror story (see my signature below) will be a lesson to all prospective tenants!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Camberwell3124
Strange, some of my posts appear and some don't

Hopefully my horror story (see my signature below) will be a lesson to all prospective tenants!
Some of your posts were deleted as you had started duplicate threads. Also some of your posts contain links, and as a new member those posts get vetted to ensure the links are not spam
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can a Real Estate Agency take photos of our rental property w/o permission?

Lordy, you made me work for the money I'm not paid! The reason some of your threads were put in the Mod Queue was because you posted links in them and you hadn't posted enough to be able to do that. Now you're up to five, any post will be ok'd immediately. I think I've sorted you out, I've put them all together, makes more sense that way.

Hope you get your problems sorted out.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can a Real Estate Agency take photos of our rental property w/o permission?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Lordy, you made me work for the money I'm not paid! The reason some of your threads were put in the Mod Queue was because you posted links in them and you hadn't posted enough to be able to do that. Now you're up to five, any post will be ok'd immediately. I think I've sorted you out, I've put them all together, makes more sense that way.

Hope you get your problems sorted out.
Snap
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

sorry to make you work during your Easter break!

Could you please change the title as well? Ta
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:54 am
Home and Happy

Not an Easter break, its my annual holiday I'm sunning myself on the Islington Riveria

Change the title to what?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Where is Australia are you?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sorry,meant IN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.