Joanne
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:24 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Next Perth Expats Meet

Originally Posted by kala
As you know we'l be there.
Me Hubby (Ant) and sister (Natalie)
should arrive a couple of days before and will head up to Gero on Monday.

Does anyone know a cheap but OK place to rent for 3 or 4 days that is fairly central?
Natmcg do you have details of the apartments you are staying at if you could PM them it would be grea
VickyO what day do you get there and where you flying from and via?

Cant wait to meet you all.
Kala

Hi Kala,
Giles and myself and the kids are flying out of Heathrow, via Dubai and Brunei on the 19th, arriving in Perth on the 20th. We are staying at Ocean Reef for 6 weeks until we find somewhere decent to rent.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:26 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swifts
Hi all

Now there are lots more people arriving soon and some already here, we are having the next expats meet on Sunday 24th October so please sign up below.........Kala, you are first newbie that has signed (!!) as we know you are heading off to Geraldton soon after that date.................so everyone please come along, we are a very friendly bunch and you are sure of a damn good laugh (yes the shoes will be present )

Teresa x

(venue to be confirmed, depending on where everyone is coming from)
Count us in too please. Just name the place !!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Vicky
Just above us we are in Hillarys, look forward to meeting you all
Joanne
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:29 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vicky o
Hi Kala,
Giles and myself and the kids are flying out of Heathrow, via Dubai and Brunei on the 19th, arriving in Perth on the 20th. We are staying at Ocean Reef for 6 weeks until we find somewhere decent to rent.
same day as us, but we leave heathrow at night and the brunei flight is at lunchtime isn't it. we land in hong kong on the 20th for a few hours then arive in perth at 7am on the 21st.

Just been looking at holiday lets, I think I'l stay near where the meet is goin to be so won't book until it has been decided. we were goin got stay in the ibis as it is nice and central, but the only reason we are stying in perth for a few days is or the meet (i just have to see these shoes in the flesh) so might aswell get a house or something with a pool and have a little holiday before it's all go with the backpackers.

See you there
Kala
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:38 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Fame at last for your shoes Maggy !!!!!

kala, they are definately worth your while detouring to Perth to see them in the flesh (so to speak).
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:48 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Fame at last for your shoes Maggy !!!!!

kala, they are definately worth your while detouring to Perth to see them in the flesh (so to speak).

he he Ant wanted to go straight up to Gero and get things sorted (in that man kinda way that actually means he wants to go see all his mates, get larruped whilst I get everything sorted) so I had to sell the idea of this meet to him.
He is expecting a chorus of scantily dressed ladies, with crazy shoes and a pole.

Please don't let me down ladies
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We hope to be there, that's me, Blim and 2 kids (7 and 2). Look forward to meeting you all!
I will get word to Sandra, she doesn't yet have internet access.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:16 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Larissa
We hope to be there, that's me, Blim and 2 kids (7 and 2). Look forward to meeting you all!
I will get word to Sandra, she doesn't yet have internet access.
Hey larissa, how are you? All going well? Where ya bin??
Old Sep 26th 2004, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Looks like its gonna be a fab day, anyone else coming along????

suggestions for parks too please, one's I know are obviously - Kings Park, Mullaloo (next to beach), anywhere else with facilities please?? then we can decide

Teresa
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:21 am
owieb

suggestions for parks too please, one's I know are obviously - Kings Park, Mullaloo (next to beach), anywhere else with facilities please?? then we can decide

Teresa
Whitfords Node Park (about 1 km North of the Hillarys Marina/Sorrento Quay) has a big open space with bbq's, kids playground, lookout, plenty of parking and it's right on the beach.

Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:22 am
Australia since 09/2001

Location: Chichester > Wellington 04/00 > Melbourne 09/01 > Perth 12/06
natmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nice

Teresa
King's Park sounds great - but I'm biased as we're staying near there :-)

Looks like there's a lot of people from the South of England. I'm from West Sussex originally. Over here in Melbourne, the majority of British expats seem to be from the North (not that I've got anything against that please note!). Just an observation.

PM sent to Kala - for everyone else requiring a place to stay, we used www.ozstays.com to find well priced accommodation.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by owieb
Whitfords Node Park (about 1 km North of the Hillarys Marina/Sorrento Quay) has a big open space with bbq's, kids playground, lookout, plenty of parking and it's right on the beach.
Thanks owieb, that sounds like just what we need, prob go for it as central to most people, are you coming long?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 2:40 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Teresa
Hi Teresa, we'll definitely be there so count us in!

I know Mawson Park near Hillarys has facilities and a big play area for kiddies. There's also one just past Mullaloo, not sure what it's called but has loads of space and it's close to the beach. Not sure it that's a good idea with little ones. Anyway, just let us know where and we'll be there!

Colleen & Paul

Last edited by sunchaser; Sep 26th 2004 at 2:44 am.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 2:48 am
maggy

cant wait ladies it will be a blast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.