Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbies to the sunshine Coast - say past 2 years

Newbies to the sunshine Coast - say past 2 years

Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Newbies to the sunshine Coast - say past 2 years

Hi all,

Hope you have all settled in well as we have. Quick question how did you go about finding a job on the coast and was it easy?

If you got a job did you find it was through applying or going into a place and asking. it's just I know so many Poms who have come over and are struggling sommetimes to get a job after applying for many.

Answers would be appreciated and what you do etc.

My hubby got a job as a Chippy after 10 days I got a job after 6 weeks but not on the coast I commute to Brisbane and got my job on line.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newbies to the sunshine Coast - say past 2 years

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hi all,

Hope you have all settled in well as we have. Quick question how did you go about finding a job on the coast and was it easy?

If you got a job did you find it was through applying or going into a place and asking. it's just I know so many Poms who have come over and are struggling sommetimes to get a job after applying for many.

Answers would be appreciated and what you do etc.

My hubby got a job as a Chippy after 10 days I got a job after 6 weeks but not on the coast I commute to Brisbane and got my job on line.

I have opted to be a stay at home mum for the time being and yes, my husband had big problems finding work on the coast. Now working for a local firm and he got the job through a friend of a friend which seems to be the way to go round here! He's a CAD engineer and I'm a nurse (so loads of jobs, hopefully, when the time comes for me to re-join the workforce).

Lou