Reload this Page >

Newbie in Sydney...

Newbie in Sydney...

Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:15 am
Just Joined

LiseInSyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie in Sydney...

Hi all,

I'm 23 years old and arrived in Sydney in October on my own, I am loving Oz but haven't met that many people yet. I live in the Lane Cove area, easily accessible to the city, if anyone out there is up for meeting for drinks, a bit of sightseeing or just a walk round the harbour with a coffee I would be really interested in hearing from you!!

I plan to go to one of the Thursday night meets but I just found the website today so missed it yesterday

Anyway, hope to hear from somebody sometime!!

Lisa
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in Sydney...

Hey Lisa, you should definitely turn up to the thursday meetups. I arrived in October as well. Hope you're finding things as good as I have.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Yeah I've settled in really well, just now I want to spread my wings a bit and meet some more people, start seeing more things etc. I'm sure you know what I mean, did you move out on your own?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiseInSyd
Yeah I've settled in really well, just now I want to spread my wings a bit and meet some more people, start seeing more things etc. I'm sure you know what I mean, did you move out on your own?
I did, in fact many people at the meetups moved over on their own. Definitely a good idea to branch out and get involved. Where abouts have you came from?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:52 am
Just Joined

From Nottinghamshire, what about you? The meet ups sound like a good idea, is there a wide age range/mix of people that go?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

From Nottinghamshire, what about you? The meet ups sound like a good idea, is there a wide age range/mix of people that go?
From Ireland. Yes, there are all sorts of people there. You might actually be the youngest but still, you'll find them all very nice. Not that we are pensioners or anything. I'm 30 but a lovely girl last night told me I looked 26. Cheers Vix!

What have you done so far? You working yet?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:01 am
Just Joined

haha well thats good for you, but 30 is hardly old!! haha!!

I'm over here on a sponsored visa so yeah I have a job out in Pymble, been good because I met a couple of people that way.

Haven't been up to a great deal, just settling in, finding somewhere to live etc... what have you been up to so far?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

haha well thats good for you, but 30 is hardly old!! haha!!

I'm over here on a sponsored visa so yeah I have a job out in Pymble, been good because I met a couple of people that way.

Haven't been up to a great deal, just settling in, finding somewhere to live etc... what have you been up to so far?
Em, sunbathing (not working out as planned), shopping, job hunting. Mostly job hunting though. You got family over here?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Nope, all on my lonesome haha, what about you?

So you haven't got a job yet, what did you do back in Ireland?

What sort of visa are you on? (If you don't mind my asking!)
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Nope, all on my lonesome haha, what about you?

So you haven't got a job yet, what did you do back in Ireland?

What sort of visa are you on? (If you don't mind my asking!)
Its a permanent residency visa but I think I will have a job on monday. Fingers crossed. I work in IT. I think its just a bad time to be looking for work no matter what you do. What is it you do?

And I've got an aunt and an uncle over here but yeah, pretty much establishing a new life on my own. Sounds like your having a blast. Best way to do it as if you were moving a family over, there would be more pressure on you.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Yeah I bet it's nice to have some family out here, I sometimes feel a bit homesick. I work at a pharmaceutical company just in the customer service department. It's a job, haha! Yeah I guess not many people are hiring at the moment...good luck for Monday!

Yeah I'm having good times...such a gorgeous country to be in, I feel very lucky!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I bet it's nice to have some family out here, I sometimes feel a bit homesick. I work at a pharmaceutical company just in the customer service department. It's a job, haha! Yeah I guess not many people are hiring at the moment...good luck for Monday!

Yeah I'm having good times...such a gorgeous country to be in, I feel very lucky!!
Well if you need any help with anything, just send us a PM. I'm learning like you so we'll figure it out between us lol.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Well if you need any help with anything, just send us a PM. I'm learning like you so we'll figure it out between us lol.
Thanks that's really good to know, same with me too, I don't know how much help I'd be but two heads are usually better than one!! Nice to hear from you, thanks
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks that's really good to know, same with me too, I don't know how much help I'd be but two heads are usually better than one!! Nice to hear from you, thanks
Oh also, in the Barbie section of this website there is a thread called 'The official loners thread'. Basically, its all of us that did this on our own. Check it out. If you're on facebook, we're all on there too.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Oh also, in the Barbie section of this website there is a thread called 'The official loners thread'. Basically, its all of us that did this on our own. Check it out. If you're on facebook, we're all on there too.
Oh cool, I'll look now, thanks again!!