Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Struggling with my next move

Struggling with my next move

Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:03 am
Just Joined

travelbug08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Struggling with my next move

Hi there, just hoping for a little advice and direction. I have been living in Melbourne for 21 months now( 12 months tourist visa and 1 year working holiday visa) having left the UK initially just to do a short time of travelling Asia. My problem is my visa will soon be up here in Australia for where i would love to stay longer as I have become quite settled in Melbourne. Alas, I have not fulfilled the sufficient requirement to extend my stay here for another year. I have been working here in construction( no qualifications as a tradesperson) and would like some advice on possible destinations for where I could head next that does not involve the UK as my time away from home as educated me enough to know that it best to stay away right now and try new directions. It just seems that the options for brits to find a place to travel and work are limited apart from heading to Australia which unfortunately is an option that has now expired. Any advice and new ideas would be great thanks.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:30 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Struggling with my next move

New Zealand ?

Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug08
for brits to find a place to travel and work are limited apart from heading to Australia which unfortunately is an option that has now expired.
How old are you? are there not more options for those under 30ish, ie canada if your of that age.

Student visas, go somewhere and get some quals, probably expensive option.

Go back to UK for 6 months and come back again, is that poss.

Poland, Germany etc you know the EU thing cant a brit work in most of them.

New Zealand plenty of sheep and beautiful scenery.

Third world country on a volunteer visa.

Asia, backpack somewhere cheap for 12 months, but dont do a Schapelle to fund it
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

New Zealand plenty of sheep and beautiful scenery.

Third world country on a volunteer visa.
Same thing really.

G