Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie in need! (Mechanical qualification help)

Newbie in need! (Mechanical qualification help)

Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

johnelcoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie in need! (Mechanical qualification help)

HI everyone, Basically I have been thinking of moving to Australia for some time now. What I really wanted to know is, I have a HNC in Mechanical Engineering (currently considering furthering this to an honours degree), and I was wondering if I could get work and where? At present I work for a fertilizer manufacturer carrying out all maintenance on their machines (Pumps, Turbines, Compressors)

I have a young family Me (30) the wife (28) and our daughter (18 Months) and was wondering where best to settle.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers John.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:26 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in need! (Mechanical qualification help)

Johnno (get used to it,everyone adds an "o" on the end)

First up welcome to the madhouse...one major decision,Australia is a bloody big joint mate...you need to read a few threads on 'ere and decide wether its East or West or even that little bit down 'sarf...regarding a job mate..make sure you pick the right spot for your family,cos jobs can be changed...bugger the job, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy...

maybe the pic will help..