Newbie.....

Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:13 pm
The Ormes

louise orme is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie.....

Hi, Not far down the line using George Lombard as agent, I have recently sent all my qualifications to NSW nursing board, as then it is easier to do skills assessment once you are registerd, we can then get mutual registration for perth.
I have contacted a few agencies as my experience is community based rather than hospitals, certainly seem to be plenty of jobs.
we have 2 kids 5 and 7, will need to sell house ,so hoping to go november onwards.
We should be similar timescales for visas hopefully??
Cheers
Louise xx

Originally posted by Bordy
We were in same situation, my wife was a nurse & I worked in electronics industry. She had a job to come to in Melbourne whereas I had nothing.
I photocopied my CV & drove around the area we settled in and went into around 40 factories & asked if I could leave my CV, explaining my situation. I had three interviews by the end of the week, nothing spectacular but it got me bye & gave me an income until I could pick & choose what I wanted to do.
I'm now back in same industry I left in UK, have a house we could never have afforded back home & totally settled here.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:14 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

virtually all the poms I met while in Perth were Mancunians, there everywhere.
still u cant have everything........

come on the LEEDS
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by The Hun
Great, this is exactly what I'm aiming to do.

I know it can be done, but didn't you feel a little apprehensive to start with?

Yeah like a fish out of water. I had been in the same job in Scotland for 18 years & was suddenly taken out my comfort zone when the company was bought over & closed down. I used some of my redundancy money & came out to Melbourne on my own for two weeks. It was end of November & already snowing in Scotland & got off the plane to this 30 degree temps & people dressed in t shirts & shorts & smiling etc etc. That was first time I wanted to move & luckily with wife being a nurse we were fast tracked, applied in February & moved here in July.
So I'd say go for it, even if your wife doesn't have a job right away theres plenty of nurse agencies would be delighted to have her on there books until she decides which hospital suits her.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum,

hope you can sort something out for yourself - job wise.

Good luck and best wishes,
Old Apr 20th 2004, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Bordy
Yeah like a fish out of water. I had been in the same job in Scotland for 18 years & was suddenly taken out my comfort zone when the company was bought over & closed down. I used some of my redundancy money & came out to Melbourne on my own for two weeks. It was end of November & already snowing in Scotland & got off the plane to this 30 degree temps & people dressed in t shirts & shorts & smiling etc etc. That was first time I wanted to move & luckily with wife being a nurse we were fast tracked, applied in February & moved here in July.
So I'd say go for it, even if your wife doesn't have a job right away theres plenty of nurse agencies would be delighted to have her on there books until she decides which hospital suits her.
Wow, you got your visa quick, is this the norm? I'd be really happy if we could get ours in such a quick time!

We've got a friend who's back in rainy Manchester at the moment, (had to leave, something to do with him marrying an Aussie girl and him getting his Aussie passport) and he's got his mrs to send us some local nursing papers, plus like you said, there's always the nursing agencies.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pompeywill
virtually all the poms I met while in Perth were Mancunians, there everywhere.
still u cant have everything........

come on the LEEDS
So long as there is somewhere I can catch all the footy I'm not too bothered with who I watch it with, but I suppose I want be watching the Premiership with you, you'll be watching the Nationwide programmes!!

Last edited by The Hun; Apr 20th 2004 at 8:11 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Hun,
The Bloke says you willl need to do a simple test to get a forklift licence, and they are issued by the Department of Occupational Health & Safety, which is apparently part of the Transport Dept. I suggest you have a look at the department site for WA, if thats where you are heading.
He said if you've had the licence for a while you should have no trouble converting it.
Hope this helps
Old Apr 21st 2004, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
Morning Hun,
The Bloke says you willl need to do a simple test to get a forklift licence, and they are issued by the Department of Occupational Health & Safety, which is apparently part of the Transport Dept. I suggest you have a look at the department site for WA, if thats where you are heading.
He said if you've had the licence for a while you should have no trouble converting it.
Hope this helps
Morning Pollyana,

Thanks for finding the info out for me, much appreciated. I'm off to search for the website now.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, a couple of questions....

1. By footy i take it you mean soccer??? (we all know that footy overhere is NOT with a round ball and full of wimpy blokes falling to the floor shouting, "ooohh, ouch, my knee, foulllll" just cos someone scratched their leg as they minced past )

2. Are you

a. German.?
b. first name Atilla?
or c. A nice kind person?
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by hevs
Welcome to the forum, a couple of questions....

1. By footy i take it you mean soccer??? (we all know that footy overhere is NOT with a round ball and full of wimpy blokes falling to the floor shouting, "ooohh, ouch, my knee, foulllll" just cos someone scratched their leg as they minced past )

2. Are you

a. German.?
b. first name Atilla?
or c. A nice kind person?
1. Soccer? Sorry, don't know what you mean. Football is played with feet right? So why do certain people insist on calling a game that is played with their hands, "foot"ball? Strange

2. c
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:53 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, defo had enough of Manchester. Crime, weather, job to name a few!!
Typical United fan. One bad season and they're off.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
Typical United fan. One bad season and they're off.
Bad season in our eyes. Would be a MASSIVE season if you were a City fan!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:23 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

1. Soccer? Sorry, don't know what you mean. Football is played with feet right? So why do certain people insist on calling a game that is played with their hands, "foot"ball? Strange

2. c
Feet and hands actually C'mon keep up!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:32 am
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re forklift licence

Hi Hun
I didn't have a forklift licence in the UK but needed to have one over here for part of my job, did a one day course which entitles me to operate a forklift up to 5000kg's .
The company I used was The Australian Forklift Skills Training academy here in Perth and it was relativley inexpensive, they will actually do it at your workplace if required.
Hope this helps
Simmo
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Re forklift licence

Originally posted by Simmo
Hi Hun
I didn't have a forklift licence in the UK but needed to have one over here for part of my job, did a one day course which entitles me to operate a forklift up to 5000kg's .
The company I used was The Australian Forklift Skills Training academy here in Perth and it was relativley inexpensive, they will actually do it at your workplace if required.
Hope this helps
Simmo
Hi Simmo,

Thanks for the info. If everything else fails I'll just have to convert my UK licence, shouldn't be too hard! Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.