Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Year......New Trolls

New Year......New Trolls

Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:02 am
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by OzTennis
Wrong, 'A little Moorish'! What time is it in Joondalup?

OzTennis

OMG that is the BEST NAME EVER. Where is that?

In joondalup, it is currently dull o'clock (10.02pm)
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:03 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to go to a fish and chip shop in biggleswade called the "The Cod Father". used to make me chuckle anyway but i guess i was young.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by asciidental
OMG that is the BEST NAME EVER. Where is that?

In joondalup, it is currently dull o'clock (10.02pm)
Not sure, I saw it on a 'Tasting Australia' program - terrific isn't it. And the Cod Father is good also. Seems like a new thread is called for on witty business names.

One near us is for portaloos or building site dunnies if you like. 'W C in Fields' Now, you might need to be over 18 to know that one.

OzTennis

P.S. I don't doubt you, just teasing!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:19 am
i'm digitalicious

Originally posted by Megalania
OK QwertyChoppers, help away please:

1. What makes Joondalup a hole for going-on-19 young ladies?

2. Where do you rather be?

1. Well, I can only speak for myself when I say that Joondalup is a large hole. I don't really know any girls my age, so it's just my obnoxious opinion you're stuck with

I don't like Joondalup for many reasons:
1. It's ugly
2. It's not near anything worth going to (except Spotlight), it's practically woop woop.
3. It feels like a glorified industrial district.
4. It feels sterile (not as bad as the northern suburbs like Mindarie and Iluka tho)
5. With the exception of Spotlight, there is absolutely nothing worth going to there. I don't have any friends there, I don't need to take the Currambine line further than Warwick (another hole) station, most of the shops aren't worth going to, because they're just chain stores of crap shops you can find closer to my house.
6. It just feels yuck

2. In Perth, I would rather be living in Fremantle (despite the recent upsurge in yuppies), or in the city in that pink building that houses Metro Food Court across from Wesley church or the old power station (because i love that building!!!).

But if you mean anywhere in the world, well, that is too hard to decide!! I want to live in loads of places, and hopefully my degree will enable me to do that
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:25 am
i'm digitalicious

Originally posted by OzTennis
Not sure, I saw it on a 'Tasting Australia' program - terrific isn't it. And the Cod Father is good also. Seems like a new thread is called for on witty business names.

One near us is for portaloos or building site dunnies if you like. 'W C in Fields' Now, you might need to be over 18 to know that one.

OzTennis

P.S. I don't doubt you, just teasing!

I don't get it yo.

When Fuzzyness comes over, we'll go to ALM and see what its like. And, we can make a toast to britexpats.com!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:25 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i used to go to a fish and chip shop in biggleswade called the "The Cod Father". used to make me chuckle anyway but i guess i was young.

I always thought that Beales Plaice on Eastenders was rather good.

..and I was 28 at the time......
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:27 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Year......New Trolls

Originally posted by Ceri
what posts are you referring to? I've just scrolled through the posts that are marked "today" - haven't read through them all, and I can't see who, or what thread your referring to.
My own opinion - if you want to accuse anyone , don't make snide innuendos ,confront the person and give that person the right to answer for him'her self. After all I thought Aus was a democratic society.- if you're going to say something, tell that person so he/she can defend themselves, otherwise you may be accusing a total innocent person.

The last time I saw this type of bitchiness was in the school playground.

I'm missing something - or the posts you are referring to (?) have been deleted I can't see any recent so-called troll posts on the first and second page of the board

Cheers

P.S are you referring to timber floor? ( just read that one) - sorry I can't read his posts, but if it his him/her try confronting/asking him/her - instead of making innuendos - at least give a person the right to defend themselves
My sentiments exactly, and quite interesting reading, kinda harks back to the "Whinging Pom " attitude, or the sly "bitchness" prevails in the office...

I for one am proud of the posts in here, and i dont give a god damn jolt what is sais, i mean ffs we have ppl here slating and making CRASS, without evidenciary remarks on legitimate travel companies, that to me is ,... how do you put it.... Slander !!

If however there are people with genuine gripes concerning my posts, on the right hand side of this window is REPORT TO MODERATOR. i gather those that are WHINGING about TROLLS, will no doubt click it as they havent got the balls to make valid and critical argument or representation to the ludicrous inuendos.....

Furthermore when your done, get yourselves a I wanna YOWIE book and have a good read,

Just to re iterate, this is not a PRIVATE club for who hath been longest will shouteth loudest !!
its a forum:
1. forum •n. (100%)
a meeting or medium for an exchange of views.

KAPISCHE ! and thanks Ceri
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:29 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:30 am
What's he asking?

seriously though is a moderator really going to start investigating when people have a different of opinion. i assume that the mods have a life and much better things to do than sit there wading through lots of reported posts where people feel they have been wronged due to a difference of opinion. maybe not but i'd hope so.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling

wakey wakey !
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:34 am
Banned

seriously though is a moderator really going to start investigating when people have a different of opinion. i assume that the mods have a life and much better things to do than sit there wading through lots of reported posts where people feel they have been wronged due to a difference of opinion. maybe not but i'd hope so.

<has ONE name on here fuzzy, my wifes been a member longer and weve been reading the posts for a great deal longer, i for one think a forum should be used no matter what stage you join it, and each and every persons views for me anyway hold valid and equal weight and interest .

Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:40 am
What's he asking?

fuzzy and me are different. i usually use fuzzy on other boards/sites but it was taken when i registered here so i added the ness.

i totally agree with your point. if you cant argue your point of view for fear of offending someone then thats not exactly a great endorsement of free speach is it. if people dont like someone elses view/opinion why are they readily using a bulleting board where they are totally exposed to others views and opinions.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:43 am
Banned

fuzzy and me are different. i usually use fuzzy on other boards/sites but it was taken when i registered here so i added the ness.

i totally agree with your point. if you cant argue your point of view for fear of offending someone then thats not exactly a great endorsement of free speach is it. if people dont like someone elses view/opinion why are they readily using a bulleting board where they are totally exposed to others views and opinions.

Seems an inherent , youve trod on my patch, scenario.. they say , fear smells ... ! i kinda agree, cos there are a few stinkas
Old Jan 14th 2004, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by asciidental
I don't get it yo.

When Fuzzyness comes over, we'll go to ALM and see what its like. And, we can make a toast to britexpats.com!
Well, W C Fields was a famous American comic of many years ago and W C is Water Closet or Toilet and hence W C in Fields. Do ya ken?

OzTennis
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:01 am
WBB

so after the witch hunt did we catch any trolls???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.