Reload this Page >

New scary adventure

New scary adventure

Old May 8th 2013, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

NadyaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New scary adventure

Hello everyone ,
My name is Nadya and I'm a 32 year old nurse from Scotland . My sister has been married to an Australian for over 2 years. They have been in Scotland but are now looking to move back to his home in Brisbane. She started to plant the seed of a move to Australia some time ago but to be honest I was happy here . Ok the weather is terrible but I had friends and family . Now as she prepares to leave I am thinking about it more and feel that it would be an amazing opportunity especially for my son who is 4. While my sister has been telling me a bit about the visas I really don't have a clue where to start with work. I am a qualified registered nurse and have also gained my diploma in occuaptional health. This is where I am working at present in the role as work rehabilitation case manager ( helping employees back to work) . This is the field I would like to stay in. Any information on whether there is job opportunities for this would be gratefully appreciated and where I would go to start looking . I also have the opportunity to do my health and safety certificate if this would also help with the job opportunities. I know this will be a daunting leap but as I have my sister and brother in law it helps alleviate some of the fear.
Thanks so much for reading this post and as I said previously any information that anyone could offer would be so welcomed
Old May 8th 2013, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New scary adventure

Originally Posted by NadyaK
Hello everyone ,
My name is Nadya and I'm a 32 year old nurse from Scotland . My sister has been married to an Australian for over 2 years. They have been in Scotland but are now looking to move back to his home in Brisbane. She started to plant the seed of a move to Australia some time ago but to be honest I was happy here . Ok the weather is terrible but I had friends and family . Now as she prepares to leave I am thinking about it more and feel that it would be an amazing opportunity especially for my son who is 4. While my sister has been telling me a bit about the visas I really don't have a clue where to start with work. I am a qualified registered nurse and have also gained my diploma in occuaptional health. This is where I am working at present in the role as work rehabilitation case manager ( helping employees back to work) . This is the field I would like to stay in. Any information on whether there is job opportunities for this would be gratefully appreciated and where I would go to start looking . I also have the opportunity to do my health and safety certificate if this would also help with the job opportunities. I know this will be a daunting leap but as I have my sister and brother in law it helps alleviate some of the fear.
Thanks so much for reading this post and as I said previously any information that anyone could offer would be so welcomed
You need to start with a good look at www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ which will give you an idea of the visa options - including whether you are going for a permanent or temporary visa.
BE has a nursing forum
that will give you info on registering in Aus - the rules are different for temp or permanent visas, again.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

The next thing you may have to consider is whether your son's father will allow you to take him out of he country - you will need his permission
Old May 9th 2013, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
The next thing you may have to consider is whether your son's father will allow you to take him out of he country - you will need his permission

Thanks for advice quoll but he has passed away so that isn't an issue.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You need to start with a good look at www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ which will give you an idea of the visa options - including whether you are going for a permanent or temporary visa.
BE has a nursing forum
that will give you info on registering in Aus - the rules are different for temp or permanent visas, again.
Thanks for advice will do this. Much appreciated