Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New in Redland Bay!!!

New in Redland Bay!!!

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:38 am
Just Joined

the wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nicethe wilkinsons is just really nice
Default New in Redland Bay!!!

Hello

We have been in Australia 6 weeks now and moved to Redland Bay a few weeks ago. We are renting a property on the Sanctuary estate, which is very nice but a little on the quiet side.
We are a family of 4, OH has gone off to work, and at the moment I am at home with my 19 year old son. My 7 year old son has started school at Calvary Christian College.
The weather this week is obviously dissappointing but I know how much they need the rain here.
Initially we love the area but I am finnding it very quiet and no friends...
I am already a missing my friends from the UK and family very dearly. It is a very difficult time. My 19 year old son has also decided to return to the UK to go back to his girlfriend ,which for us as parents is absolutely devastating. However he is an adult and has to do his own thing. I haven't made any friends at my sons school yet, but admit that I have been hidden under the brolly for a few days.
We also had bad news this week that our house back in the UK had fell through for the 3rd time. Gutted again and really need it sorted. Can't believe that this can happen to anyone 3 times?
Anyway on a positive note I really want to meet friends and get a social life back so if anyone is in the Redland Bay, Victoria Point area that is also new and would like a coffee please let me know. I am fed up of shopping and need to make friends. I have actually applied for a part time job ( which wasn't my initial intention, due to having no help/backup to look after my son) but I feel I need to do something.
Next week we are taking our 7 year old to the Karate club at Thornlands, and I hope this too will generate friends.
Look forward to hearing from anyone
Take care
Jane Wilkinson x
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:03 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: New in Redland Bay!!!

Hi Jane, I sent you a PM.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by the wilkinsons
Hello

We have been in Australia 6 weeks now and moved to Redland Bay a few weeks ago. We are renting a property on the Sanctuary estate, which is very nice but a little on the quiet side.
We are a family of 4, OH has gone off to work, and at the moment I am at home with my 19 year old son. My 7 year old son has started school at Calvary Christian College.
The weather this week is obviously dissappointing but I know how much they need the rain here.
I am already a missing my friends from the UK and family very dearly. It is a very difficult time. My 19 year old son has also decided to return to the UK to go back to his girlfriend ,which for us as parents is absolutely devastating. However he is an adult and has to do his own thing. I haven't made any friends at my sons school yet, but admit that I have been hidden under the brolly for a few days.
We also had bad news this week that our house back in the UK had fell through for the 3rd time. Gutted again and really need it sorted. Can't believe that this can happen to anyone 3 times?
Anyway on a positive note I really want to meet friends and get a social life back so if anyone is in the Redland Bay, Victoria Point area that is also new and would like a coffee please let me know. I am fed up of shopping and need to make friends. I have actually applied for a part time job ( which wasn't my initial intention, due to having no help/backup to look after my son) but I feel I need to do something.
Next week we are taking our 7 year old to the Karate club at Thornlands, and I hope this too will generate friends.
Take care
Jane Wilkinson x
Hi Jane i have sent you a PM to.

Oh and hi Rebecca just about to text you.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there
you sound quite low at the moment i hope things pick up for you soon, as for the house sale, what a bugger, someone perfect will come along soon, they always do.
As you can see from my profile i am still in the uk, but arrive not far from you (carina) in 4 and 1/2 weeks and would love to meet for a coffee or play date my son is almost 5 and my daughter is 2,

hope you feel better soon

Beth
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Hi Jane

I have sent you a pm

Kathy
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:35 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I also sent you a PM.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:37 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bethandneil
hi there
you sound quite low at the moment i hope things pick up for you soon, as for the house sale, what a bugger, someone perfect will come along soon, they always do.
As you can see from my profile i am still in the uk, but arrive not far from you (carina) in 4 and 1/2 weeks and would love to meet for a coffee or play date my son is almost 5 and my daughter is 2,

hope you feel better soon

Beth
When you get here you can stop by anytime for a play date. I have a almost 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. We'll be moving to Capalaba in a couple of weeks so that's not too far from you.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

oohh sounds lovely, will look forward to that, only four and a half weeks and we will be in carina.

What are you children called?

Beth
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:49 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by bethandneil
oohh sounds lovely, will look forward to that, only four and a half weeks and we will be in carina.

What are you children called?

Beth
My daughter's name is Sierra and she turns 4 in December. My son Chase just had his first birthday this week.

How about yours?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

hi my son, ben, is 4 and a half and amelia is 2, i'm a little worried about ben as he has been in preschool and has alot of friends and in 4 weeks we will be in oz and he will have none!!! so a play date for the children would be great, i get to meet new people aswell so thats a bonus

Beth
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:04 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi Jane

We've just taken a house on Lanyard Place just off Main Street in Redland Bay and we hope to move in at the end of the week. We're currenty in company appartments in Toowong in the city.

There's 4 of us OH and 2 girls 6 & 14.

I'm just getting over the flu, I managed to get to the grand old age of 39 without ever having suffered with the flu (heavy colds yes, flu no) I move to Oz and first Oh gets it and them me. I felt like hell.

I would love to get to gether, I'll PM you.

Michelle
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:18 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the wilkinsons
Hello

Take care
Jane Wilkinson x
Hya and welcome...hopefully we should be getting another meet up date sorted in the Bayside area soon (Wynnum/Manly/Lota thread). Look forward to meeting you. Sarah