Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TomTom GPS - buy new maps vs. buy new device?

TomTom GPS - buy new maps vs. buy new device?

Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

ashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really nice
Default TomTom GPS - buy new maps vs. buy new device?

Hi,

Looking to have GPS when I come to Brisbane next month. Should I buy an Australia map for my existing "TomTom GO" or should I just buy a new TomTom device when I get there?

Cheers!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TomTom GPS - buy new maps vs. buy new device?

Originally Posted by ashwood
Hi,

Looking to have GPS when I come to Brisbane next month. Should I buy an Australia map for my existing "TomTom GO" or should I just buy a new TomTom device when I get there?

Cheers!
From what i've heard GPS is expensive in Oz so i would buy new maps for your device.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

ashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really nice

Will my exisiting cigarette lighter power cable for the TomTom be compatable with cars in Oz?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Will my exisiting cigarette lighter power cable for the TomTom be compatable with cars in Oz?
Should be.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

jonallcock is an unknown quantity at this point

i brought over my PDA from the UK loaded with TomTom Australia software and it works fine

Problem: cigarettes over here are square and your UK round cigarette adaptor wont fit!!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

You'll also do well to actually buy the maps - TomTom didn't sell them last time I looked!

Sell yours on eBay and buy a new one here.

Z
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:14 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

i would bring the unit with ou and buy the maps over here as i did, you will get them on Ebay

Hi,

Cheers!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Buy the Maps from TomTom, we did.. and it was the best decision we ever made.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jonallcock
i brought over my PDA from the UK loaded with TomTom Australia software and it works fine

Problem: cigarettes over here are square and your UK round cigarette adaptor wont fit!!!
the one in our car was round, and it fitted fine
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers!
If you have got a a UK map for the UK that you do not want i would be interested in buying it. Let me know. We will probably need our Oz maps until we return.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

We have a PDA that we run tom tom 6 and memory map on. My husband has actually just made our maps to put on it and they are fab. I think we will still order the memory map though as with our Geocaching hobby it will get much use over there
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:13 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

We were over in Melbourne in April. We took my husbands TOMTOM and bought maps from ebay. It was great, never got lost once! It plugged into the Toyoto MPV no problem. We both have one and I'm going to buy the maps for mine when we go over, visa permitting, in November.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a counterfit map of oz from the internet it worked great cost me 40 quid
better not publish the seller on here you can, pm me if you need to
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers!
I bought a map from tom tom direct,downloaded to the pc and then loaded on to new card.Works great.Take no notice of square cigarette lighters,not sure what planet he,s from, They are all round here.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:06 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian12
If you have got a a UK map for the UK that you do not want i would be interested in buying it. Let me know. We will probably need our Oz maps until we return.
have sent you a PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.