Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New phone numbers

New phone numbers

Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:27 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default New phone numbers

Can anybody answer the question of whether or not Telstra can issue new telephone numbers to be connected at a new address two weeks before you move in? If not, what is the lead-time needed? Pollyana needs to advise folks overseas of new address and phone number at the earliest opportunity.
Asked the lady at Telstra but all she could tell me there was a line connected, though I must admit that I didn't directly ask about a new number.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:56 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New phone numbers

FWIW we moved out of Sydney last Monday; I called Telstra a couple of weeks ago to ask what to do and they arranged disconnection of our unit 0900 and connection of our new rental 160Km away for 0930 on the day of the move. They gave us a selection of numbers available over the phone and we selected one (Just happens to be a common misdialled Colisseum Pizza House number - bummer) and it all went like clockwork. They didn't want any more details, they just transferred the account from one phone to the next.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New phone numbers

I'm pretty sure that if your staying in the same area you can ask to keep the same number.