Reload this Page >

New Oz migration website, especially Perth

New Oz migration website, especially Perth

Old Jun 28th 2002, 8:12 am
Just Joined

geoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Oz migration website, especially Perth

Dear all,

I have put together a new website called www.aussiemove.com which I hope will be of use to some of you. The focus is on telling you about/showing you suburbs and pulling together all the relevant information - schools, accommodation, real-estate - by suburb.

It's up and running for Perth, but some of you going to other cities may like to take a look as there is some general Oz stuff also - all feedback gratefully accepted.

thanks
Geoff
Old Jun 28th 2002, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Oz migration website, especially Perth

Hi Geoff
Its really great , i have just been on the site for over half an hour , i have found pictures of the school and a brillant review of it , of which i would like the kids to go to once we arrive, i have just sent the head of the school an email , also i am now able to show the kids pictures of the school they will hopefully be attending.
Also clicking on parts of the map we now know where all the suburbs are as we didnt have a really detailed map at home and couldnt picture places from when we were actually out in perth , now we can.
Showing the median house prices is also good in each area along with contacts for estate agents in that area too , and the job sites great to .
Well done keep it i loved it and will continue to use it we need all the help we can get as much info as possible
Regards Joanne
Old Jun 28th 2002, 10:55 am
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely Superb!!

When are you moving South to Mandurah?
Old Jun 28th 2002, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Fox - thanks for the feedback.

Funny you should mention Mandurah - I have been thinking I should get it on the map as it is becoming very popular - just about in commuting distance to Perth. If there's enough interest in Mandurah I guess I'll include it.

Assuming you're a future migrant to Perth, can you tell me when you're heading here and if you're going to be settling in Mandurah or elsewhere?

cheers
Geoff
Old Jun 28th 2002, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We're also heading for Mandurah - in 3 weeks time in fact! It would certainly be useful to find out about the best schools, rough areas etc.
Old Jun 28th 2002, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Fantastic site!!!.....cant wait till the Melbourne stuff is done!....excellent! (I think thats quite enough exclamation marks for now). :-)
Old Jun 28th 2002, 1:00 pm
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Geoff,

Well we sent off our medicals and police checks, on request, 8 weeks ago now so we are hopeful migrants!!

The plan at the moment is to head to the Mandurah area around October time.( I will have had a nervous breakdown if we have not heard by then!)
We are going to take our time having a good look down the coast South of Perth when we get there though, as in an ideal world we would like to get the area right first time. This whole process has been enough disruption to last me a lifetime so it would be good to find somewhere we want to settle long term straight away.

That is where websites like yours become invaluable as we constantly soak up information.

Thanks again
Sarah
Old Jun 28th 2002, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

laurash is an unknown quantity at this point

Great website if only it had melbourne...we know your on the case-tried to fill in the form but it didn't take.
Old Jun 28th 2002, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Pablo Picasso is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Geoff,

congrats on the site!

I would like to echo the sentiments of FOX and Jacqui regarding Mandurah as we are heading there in September.

Get your skates on mate and see if you can do something for us!!

Cheers

Paul
Old Jun 28th 2002, 9:20 pm
Michael

geoff <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have put together a new website called www.aussiemove.com which I hope will be of
    > use to some of you. The focus is on telling you about/showing you suburbs and
    > pulling together all the relevant information - schools, accommodation, real-estate
    > - by suburb. I think - is it very useful site .
Hope you can do same for Melbourn, Sydney and Adelaide . Many people have to see more
information before they arrive to Australia .
    > It's up and running for Perth, but some of you going to other cities may like to
    > take a look as there is some general Oz stuff also - all feedback gratefully
    > accepted.

Very Nice Thank you very mach for this site
    >
    > thanks Geoff

Old Jun 28th 2002, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

To Laura and Ash - thanks for the feedback, the problem with the form is fixed now.

To all the Mandurah migrants - I can certainly see the attraction of living in Mandurah, so I will try to include something soon. To give me a hand, can you tell me what you particularly need info on - schools, short-term accommodation, real-estate (rent or buy), jobs around Mandurah ? I've got quite a few photos so I'll put them on the site to whet your appetites!

cheers
Geoff
Old Jun 29th 2002, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Bringing this back to the top. Looks a really good site. Keep going!!
Old Jun 30th 2002, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Geoff, I would to see info on schools, primary and secondary and furnished rental accomodation. I am assuming all the good I.T. jobs will be in Perth and that hubby will have to commute, so any info that says otherwise would be very useful. Thanks!!