New member Q's

Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

reevsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New member Q's

Hello all,
Just found this forum so i thought I'd join up and say hi as I'm (family and I) are off to New Zealand (hopefully!) for good.

I'm interested in comments from people who, like me are still in old blighty, waiting to go. How are you going?, and on what type of visa etc?. Also would like to hear from anyone who is now over there and done it.

I'm an engineer (electronics) and have enough points to get in. All I need to get in now is an offer of employment. Then I can get my work permit etc.

Tony
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tony

Welcome to the forum - Im in NZ - Auckland any questions you have fire away - try to help in anyway I can.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,

not going to N.Z but OZ. But welcome to the forum anyway!!!
Am sure you will get heaps of great info from the folks on here, they're a good bunch - and completely mad!!!

( Check out the story threads if you don't believe me...... ):scared:
Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:06 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New member Q's

Originally posted by reevsie
Hello all,
Just found this forum so i thought I'd join up and say hi as I'm (family and I) are off to New Zealand (hopefully!) for good.

I'm interested in comments from people who, like me are still in old blighty, waiting to go. How are you going?, and on what type of visa etc?. Also would like to hear from anyone who is now over there and done it.

I'm an engineer (electronics) and have enough points to get in. All I need to get in now is an offer of employment. Then I can get my work permit etc.

Tony
Hi Tony

We (hubby & 2 kids) are 20mins north of christchurch. Anything I can help with just ask.

Paula
Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New member Q's

Hey Tony,

Welcome to the mad house. The people here are one of a kind, fortunatly the nice kind, as if you read my threads I've had wonderful support from this lot.
My husband is a electronic engineer and we are heading out to Oz. Not yet found which visa is best for us but probably S.A's priority as they are crying out for you guys, especially if you have experience in radio waves.
What made you decide on NZ then?

Tazzy
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

reevsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies!.
We have been thinking about going now on & off for about ten years. Lots of reasons for going. Not many to stay. In fact, the only reason to stay is for friends and family.
Im interested in how you lot are going over as in, what type of visa are you going on?. We have a few options at the mo'. First choice is the skilled workers route as I'm on the shortlist (at least I was last time I looked). Option two is to go on the wife as she is a fully qual. theatre nurse which are in big demand over there. Option three is to go over on a business visa as I have a small part time Ltd co. although more risky.
Anyway thats me!!.
Cheers