Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For ladies already out there a beauty question

For ladies already out there a beauty question

Old Sep 30th 2003, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question For ladies already out there a beauty question

I was sorting out my bathroom and it dawned on me that a lot of the products I like and use over here may not be affordable or even get over there,

I love Clarins and wipes from Avon can I get these

especailly - Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and moisturiser ??

Any Avon stuff

Radox or Palmolive shower cream

If not then I shall devote a full box to be packed to this and my favourite perfume New West

Please let me know thanks

Carrianne
Old Sep 30th 2003, 4:30 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carianne,

I had a little panic about this too! I am an Estee Lauder freak and could not live without my Clarins BFB!!

Happilly, both are available the other side and I am pretty sure Avon is too.

Try doing a search on the net - that's how I found the other two!!

Em.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 4:32 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

It appears the panic is over - http://www.avon.com.au/
Save your precious kilos!
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Clarins, Estee Lauder, Avon all the big brands are readily available in Australia. Not sure how the prices compare, but you don't want to stock up with too much because these type of products normally have expiry dates I think.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Being more of a cheap skate, I'm a real fan of Boots Natural Collection, and you can't get them over there. So my Bloke is going to have a fit when he unpacks box number 25 and realises just how much stuff he has to get into his bathroom!! I've stocked up enough to keep an army equipped I think!
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:22 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Soap?

Pah.

Never understood how the ladies manage (or desire) to spend so much cash on small bottles of squidgy smelly stuff when a nice economy block of harsh sainsburysoap does the job.

There is however a well hidden bonus !

With the amount Susan spends on smellies, i have had many a free lunch piflering her boots points Arghhghh boots do a mean sarnie !
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hah! Forget the soap! Nice lime and ginger bath essence, or a bit of black cherry shower gel or maye some strawberry bath creme.......
Pete you don't know what you're missing! And I've even caught my Aussie Bloke pinching the lime and ginger stuff so it can't be all bad!
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:27 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hah! Forget the soap! Nice lime and ginger bath essence, or a bit of black cherry shower gel or maye some strawberry bath creme.......
Pete you don't know what you're missing! And I've even caught my Aussie Bloke pinching the lime and ginger stuff so it can't be all bad!
I do have to admit actually....when i was in aus i tried some Mint Source shower wash. Was pretty good !! Left me all tingly
Old Sep 30th 2003, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: For ladies already out there a beauty question

Originally posted by Carrianne
I was sorting out my bathroom and it dawned on me that a lot of the products I like and use over here may not be affordable or even get over there,

Any Avon stuff

If not then I shall devote a full box to be packed to this and my favourite perfume New West

Carrianne

Carrianne

went to buy some Lancome etc in Sydney and found it much more expensive than here, so prob best to stock up on your way out at tax free stopover.

Teresa
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Thanks All,

I love clarin BFB, and teh sancutary bath oil so will be stoking up we have kgs each so plenty weight

Carrianne x
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For ladies already out there a beauty question

Originally posted by Carrianne

Any Avon stuff

Carrianne

Clarins stuff is v expensive in Oz so take a wee trip to duty free on your way out.Although I got a bit addicted to Clarins beauty pack,promotions they do every month or so,where you can get a few products in a lovely Clarins bag.I ended up with about 6 Clarins bags and loads of products!!!! Good sizes for travelling though!!!

Fi
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:53 pm
Badge

Default Beauty/ Diet

all a bloke needs:

soap - ( the Ph balanced stuff which doesn't make your face dry and itchy)
razor
shaving gel
shower gel - own brand or a smelly one eg mint/ginger/bloody cardamon etc whatever takes your fancy
cotton buds
skin exfoliator dubry

With brekkie:
wellman capsules - one a day - gents these are the dogs.
neat cod liver oil - swallow a capful a day (grimace as you do) amazing stuff - you will learn to get it down!!
glass of OJ
cup of tea

protein shake for after sport

packet of jam dodgers to pig out on

I rest my case

Badge

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:58 pm
A Male Member

Default Re: Beauty/ Diet

Originally posted by badgersmount

packet of jam dodgers to pig out on

Badge
A whole pack?? In a day? Impressive
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

All a girl needs:

soapfree wash - ( the Ph balanced stuff which doesn't make your face dry and itchy)
bloke to pinch razor off
shower gel
skin exfoliator- sugar
loads of water to drink....
plus...
flowers everyday
breakfast in bed
dish washer
cleaner (not bulgarian)
creche facilities at the gym!

Seriously, products like Clarins are a pseudo-science rip off. Look at Marie Helvin - she swears on drinking loads of water and not using all those stupid products, plus she looks great at 60!
There's little scientific evidence (if any) that any of those creams and potions work any better than a basic moisturiser.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:11 pm
Badge

Originally posted by PeteY
A whole pack?? In a day? Impressive

sh*t yeah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.