Reload this Page >

New member looking for advice

New member looking for advice

Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Bathnight1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New member looking for advice

Come to london and see for yourself.
Things are bad over here,Not saying all muslims are bad,But they are a big part of the problem in Europe as a whole.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bathnight1
Things are bad over here,Not saying all muslims are bad,But they are a big part of the problem in Europe as a whole.
I think you'll find she's quite familiar with London........
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:49 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean 'over here'? Both I and Bermudashorts Live in England
Old Jan 12th 2016, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I live 30 miles from London city centre and my OH works in London. I agree that there is a lot of media focus on ISIS right now in the UK. But I do not let it define my life. I don't feel any safer or less safe in this world than I did twenty years ago when I first moved to London.

I would put more trust in the British being able to deal with a terrorist threat than the Australians, simply because they are more used to it. I was in Sydney when the cafe incident occurred and my company (a major ASX co) didn't even trigger a roll call to ensure all staff were safe even though we were metres away and it was a well known haunt, I was gob smacked. I was also in London on 7/7 and the disaster plans including verifying safety of all staff kicked in like clockwork.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 12:11 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I live 30 miles from London city centre and my OH works in London. I agree that there is a lot of media focus on ISIS right now in the UK. But I do not let it define my life. I don't feel any safer or less safe in this world than I did twenty years ago when I first moved to London.

I would put more trust in the British being able to deal with a terrorist threat than the Australians, simply because they are more used to it. I was in Sydney when the cafe incident occurred and my company (a major ASX co) didn't even trigger a roll call to ensure all staff were safe even though we were metres away and it was a well known haunt, I was gob smacked. I was also in London on 7/7 and the disaster plans including verifying safety of all staff kicked in like clockwork.
As one who works in disaster management in Australia, I have to agree, I personally have far more faith in the UK's ability to react to and deal with terrorist attacks than I do in Australia's. I've voiced my thoughts at work too, and have had several Australians agree with me.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You do know that some of the posters on here are Muslim. Doubt they will bother to post on your thread though.

I find your sweeping prejudice insulting and I am not Muslim.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rammygirl
You do know that some of the posters on here are Muslim. Doubt they will bother to post on your thread though.

I find your sweeping prejudice insulting and I am not Muslim.
Indeed. Its wrongly judgemental and totally unnecessary.

-----------------------
I have cut the OP some slack as they are new, but take note people, further posts in that line will be removed.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

If you have an image of Australia as this un-pc white van man utopia then you're quite mistaken and will be sorely disappointed living here.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Careful about the general concensus about Muslims. From the above you have some issues about some of the violent issues surrounding the religion. Fair enough ...
. Not a great track record over the last 20 years.

But bear in mind, and as you probably know, we all know Muslims who don't give a sh*t about the violence.

Probably best to start a thread of its own, but be prepared to be opened minded, discuss, embrace, and enjoy.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Careful about the general concensus about Muslims. From the above you have some issues about some of the violent issues surrounding the religion. Fair enough ...
. Not a great track record over the last 20 years.

But bear in mind, and as you probably know, we all know Muslims who don't give a sh*t about the violence.

Probably best to start a thread of its own, but be prepared to be opened minded, discuss, embrace, and enjoy.
And it would need to go in the TIO forum and stay within the BE rules.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976
If you have an image of Australia as this un-pc white van man utopia then you're quite mistaken and will be sorely disappointed living here.
He he : late contribution:

Australia in practise is more of a white ute culture, depending on what you do, the ute is more useful.

I'm amazed once more about analysing the cost of living: it's all about how far your streams of income and capital will go: don't assume your wife will get paid double and that will buy you double.