Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Member - Hi Everyone :)

New Member - Hi Everyone :)

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:41 am
Dreams of Queensland

davestt225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member - Hi Everyone :)

Hi everyone, I found this site after a quick Google the other night and it's FULL of great info. I really liked the review from everyone who's stayed in Oz and what they thought of it, the highs/lows of moving homes and country.

My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for 3.5 years and we're both 25, seeking options for a better life than we can get in the UK. House prices are just NUTS, if we carry on where we are now, we'll only end up getting a bigger mortgage than we already have and getting deeper and deeper into debt.

Thankfully, we've both previously considered coming to Oz for a year (so no arguments now!) when we in our early twenties, independantly of each other, but it never happened. We're both left with the desire still to do it and what better time in our lives?

Currently the plan is to come out for a visit in the next 18-24 months, for a 6 month period, rent some accommodation and try and find jobs in our respective fields. We'll go home and if we like Oz enough, sell up, before starting the full emigration process.

We both like the look of Queensland as a starting place in Australia, probably Brisbane or the GC.

At this stage we're doing lots of research and reading what we can on the web, though you can't beat real world experience....

Thanks for your time reading my long intro post, it's a bad habit of mine

EDIT: Q's removed!

Last edited by davestt225; Nov 30th 2006 at 9:46 am.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member - Hi Everyone :)

Hello
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi welcome to the site,

I too have found endless amounts of information with lots of friendly advice from the guys on here.

Its a long process emigrating and the people you meet on here all understand when times get frustrating waiting for things to happen. They've all been there or going through it.

I wish you both every happiness and success in your emigrating process.

Best wishes

Sarah
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to all

Hi and Welcome hope you get all the info you need
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:52 pm
Dreams of Queensland

davestt225 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, much appreciated
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:16 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Welcome to the madhouse

Jx
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 10:20 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site guys,

This site is amazing what ppl dnt know about the TRA,VISA process and all to do with OZ on here aint worth knowing about they are an awesome wealth of knowledge.

Good luck and dnt be scared to ask about anything and everything, i check back on some of our first posts every now and again ans think to myself god i must have been so annoying back then but no-one says anything they just give you lots of help and edvice it great.

Enjoy the journey.