Reload this Page >

New life down under!

New life down under!

Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:35 am
Just Joined

2013littlemissvee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New life down under!

Hi All,

I am looking to move to Perth and am currently in the process of having my skills assessed. I am a hairdresser by trade and so far I have sent off my skill assessment forms.

I currently manage a salon in a town where I live & I am wondering how easy it will be to find a job? So far on my job hunt, it looks like there are many hairdressing jobs available. I currently have 19 years experience and thoroughly enjoy what I do. Does anyone also know the best websites to look and apply for hairdressing roles?

I am really looking forwards to a new start (whenever that will be) and also meeting new people & making new friends!

Any help and advice you can give will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New life down under!

Good hairdressers are like rocking horse pooh here in Perth...

Mine trained under Thomas Green, then went on to work for Honda, Kawasaki and finally Flymo...

Welcome.... And please let me know where you start working if you are any good
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

SteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud of

ASL?

On a serious note, welcome. I'm new here too and also on a fact finding mission.

All the best
Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by eddie007
Good hairdressers are like rocking horse pooh here in Perth...

Mine trained under Thomas Green, then went on to work for Honda, Kawasaki and finally Flymo...

Welcome.... And please let me know where you start working if you are any good
Flymo sounds a bit drastic!

Will keep updating as it all progresses, fingers crossed!!
Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SteelCityBrickie
ASL?

On a serious note, welcome. I'm new here too and also on a fact finding mission.

All the best

Lol!

Best of luck with it all! Hope you find all the information you are after
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard, you will have no trouble finding work in perth theres a big demand for hair dressers

Once your visas sorted you will have to start thinking about practical things like, do you ship your belongings, do you sell everything and just come over with a few suitcases, where will you stay for a few weeks while you search for a rental. Things like that.
So I would say, start having a clean out and get rid of things that sit in cupboards that you dont need, do a bit of searching around the site and start thinking about wherever to ship or sell. Personally I gave almost everything away to family and just shipped 9 boxes
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

The Johnsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone in Perth who knows what the job market is like for medical nurses and plumbers?
Old Oct 16th 2013, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

jackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nicejackieh23 is just really nice

WA government has just announced more job cuts for the health industry here.http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226738920170

You can always email the relevant WA associations for thier take on the state of employment opportunities in their industry:

http://www.masterplumbers.asn.au/

http://www.anfiuwp.org.au/
Old Oct 20th 2013, 1:45 pm
Banned

ainitcskarachi is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont worry if you dont find job as hair dresser you are allowed to switch career while in Australia.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 7:07 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2013littlemissvee
Hi All,

I am looking to move to Perth and am currently in the process of having my skills assessed. I am a hairdresser by trade and so far I have sent off my skill assessment forms.

I currently manage a salon in a town where I live & I am wondering how easy it will be to find a job? So far on my job hunt, it looks like there are many hairdressing jobs available. I currently have 19 years experience and thoroughly enjoy what I do. Does anyone also know the best websites to look and apply for hairdressing roles?

I am really looking forwards to a new start (whenever that will be) and also meeting new people & making new friends!

I don't know if you are aware that the new WA state sponsorship list released just over a week ago has removed hairdressers from their 2013-2014 list?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2013littlemissvee
Hi All,

My friend was told Hairdressing is currently not on the needed skills for Aus (hopefully that has change) When we lived in Perth Hairdressing Salons in our suburb were very plentiful you can have at least two at times in a small shopping centre but you did still see vacancies advertised sometimes in shop windows and in the newspaper, mind you that was 3 years ago now. Good luck
Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:27 am
Just Joined

EmmaRowland is an unknown quantity at this point

not too sure where to apply for hair dressing jobs. but come back and update us! I'm curious to know how you find a job!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaRowland
not too sure where to apply for hair dressing jobs. but come back and update us! I'm curious to know how you find a job!
If you have a right to work in Aus then look on seek.com very easy to use
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

My wife was a hair dresser here in brisbane . unfortunately the $18 to $22 dollars they were paying without over time didnt cut it for us..... excuse the pun.she works at the local hospital now as a wardy(cleaner ect) $28 and hour casual. Dont be afraid to try something new
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnsons
Anyone in Perth who knows what the job market is like for medical nurses and plumbers?
Hi and Welcome to BE.

It would be best if you started a new thread with your question, as most will probably not respond within someone else's thread.