Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New house build costs in QLD

New house build costs in QLD

Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future
Lightbulb New house build costs in QLD - Real Life Examples

I know there are many threads on this as I've searched them all , however I haven't come across the actual estimated new house build costs without the land.

Most threads I read are where people have PM'ed people the price that it is costing them. I think it would be great if this could be provided to the general forum users.

So here are the questions :

1. How much (estimated) to build a brand new 3 bedroom house in Queensland(everything included except the land) ?

2. How much (estimated) to build a brand new 4 bedroom house in Queensland(everything included except the land) ?

If possible please provide as much detail as possible .. i.e. Size of house in Squares or Square Meters, builder you used, link to builders website, photos etc.

I'm sure this info would help ALOT of people who are thinking of getting a builder to build a new house for them.

Many Thanks

Lee

Last edited by FloridaLee; Apr 27th 2006 at 4:19 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:41 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New house build costs in QLD

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
1. How much (estimated) to build a brand new 3 bedroom house in Queensland(everything included except the land) ?

2. How much (estimated) to build a brand new 4 bedroom house in Queensland(everything included except the land) ?
This will depend on whether it's an architect designed private plan or one off a builders selected offering.

Different builders will offer different plans and prices, so shop around till you find something you like for a price you're happy with. You may be able to negotiate price in some instances.

Also soem plans include driveway/garage, certain fittings and whiteware, so like I said shop around and don't sign anything until you are actually here and have had time to suss it all out.

Plenty of rogues who want to take your money and give you jack. Suggest you ensure they are a registered 'master builder' rather than a go alone type company.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwichild
This will depend on whether it's an architect designed private plan or one off a builders selected offering.

Different builders will offer different plans and prices, so shop around till you find something you like for a price you're happy with. You may be able to negotiate price in some instances.

Also soem plans include driveway/garage, certain fittings and whiteware, so like I said shop around and don't sign anything until you are actually here and have had time to suss it all out.

Plenty of rogues who want to take your money and give you jack. Suggest you ensure they are a registered 'master builder' rather than a go alone type company.
Thanks for the reply, however I think most people would like to see real world examples from people who have already done this. An example reply would be :

---------------------------------------------------------
Hi, great question ... here's our story ...

We recently built a 3 bedroom 20 squares house in Varsity Lakes. We used Acme builders (www.acme.com.au) who we found to be great ! We used a plan from the bulider and didn't use our own architect.

Our total cost came to $250,000 , which included driveway and garage. Please find attached finished pic of our house.

Hope this info is useful for other people.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully people understand what im after

Thanks

Lee
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Yes i would love to know the answer to this please......This is actually my hubbie's post and i am trying to convince him that if we do manage to get into Oz that we do a new build instead of buy an older one.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:47 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my hoose.....

completed August 2005, 4 bedrooms 230sqm Hotondo Homes

it cost just under $200k to build which included everything....driveway. paths, security screens bla bla bla

we live in a small community and things here are a little bit more expensive than a lot of places

we also upgraded on some things, got extra electrics etc

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails New house build costs in QLD-garden-3.jpg  

Last edited by biggy; Apr 27th 2006 at 11:27 pm. Reason: forgot to add builder
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New house build costs in QLD - Real Life Examples

I know there are many threads on this as I've searched them all , however I haven't come across the actual estimated new house build costs without the land.

Most threads I read are where people have PM'ed people the price that it is costing them. I think it would be great if this could be provided to the general forum users.

If possible please provide as much detail as possible .. i.e. Size of house in Squares or Square Meters, builder you used, link to builders website, photos etc.

I'm sure this info would help ALOT of people who are thinking of getting a builder to build a new house for them.

Many Thanks

Lee
Hi there

We're building at Ormeau in Queensland with Richards Homes.
A 30 square home, huge master with luxury ensuite, 2 double size bedrooms, study/4th bedroom, good size family bathroom, laundry room, activities room/home theatre, good size lounge, open plan kitchen/living area, and outdoor pavilion.

The contract price is just over $208,000, which includes everything, tiles, carpets, driveway, etc. On top of this, we have chosen to upgrade the kitchen and have extra lighting and power sockets, which works out approximately another 5 or 6 grand more.

No pictures yet, as building works only started about 2 weeks ago.

Cheers

Last edited by sassie; Apr 27th 2006 at 10:38 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New house build costs in QLD - Real Life Examples

Many Thanks

Lee
Hi Lee,

Have a look at our website as there are a tremendous amount of Gold Coast house designs and layouts for you to get an idea. When into the site click on the house and land packages. If you need anymore info please p.m me. www.assetunity.com.au

Tony
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies so far

Look's like I can get a nice house built for about $200k. I guess the hard part is finding a good plot of land to build it on

Lee
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:43 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies so far

Look's like I can get a nice house built for about $200k. I guess the hard part is finding a good plot of land to build it on

Lee

and a good builder