New guy.

Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:18 am
Banned

E=mc2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool New guy.

Hello friends countrymen and soon to be countrymen. I remembered this morning about this site which I rego'd to last year but never used really.

We are now living the life we wanted in Brisbane and would be happy to answer any questions from potential migrants, we also have a few questions of our own but we will put them aside for now.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:28 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New guy.

Originally Posted by E=mc2
Hello friends countrymen and soon to be countrymen. I remembered this morning about this site which I rego'd to last year but never used really.

We are now living the life we wanted in Brisbane and would be happy to answer any questions from potential migrants, we also have a few questions of our own but we will put them aside for now.

Hi New Guy! & welcome.

We are boarding our flight in a few hours time & coming your way !

Donna.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 6:56 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

Welcome to the site!
Once our house is sold we are off to Brisbane too!!! Can't wait!!!

Shell
Old Jan 15th 2005, 8:24 am
errm back to Perth!

FozzieBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the move!!

A few questions if you don't mind!!

Did you leave with jobs? Did you get jobs when you arrived easily enough (what areas).

Is it better / worse than you expected?

Do you miss family?

Thanks,

FOzzie.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by FozzieBear
Congrats on the move!!

A few questions if you don't mind!!

Did you leave with jobs? Did you get jobs when you arrived easily enough (what areas).

Is it better / worse than you expected?

Do you miss family?

Thanks,

FOzzie.
No problem. We did not have any employment lined up when we left the UK but we found that there are plenty of jobs for those who are willing to work. I have since found work in our locality and there is plenty of work in the paper on a Saturday morning (Courier mail) And it was reported on the news today that unemployment is at a low ebb.

Good luck.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

No problem. We did not have any employment lined up when we left the UK but we found that there are plenty of jobs for those who are willing to work. I have since found work in our locality and there is plenty of work in the paper on a Saturday morning (Courier mail) And it was reported on the news today that unemployment is at a low ebb.

Good luck.
I would like to take you up on your offere to pick your brains please as we are hoping to come to Brisbane in May. I am a nurse so job is sorted but my husband will be looking for work when we get there. We are going on a long stay business visa and am wondering what you may think his chances are. He's a financial adviser over here so we think that involves sitting exams over there (which he will probably do when we go for PR at the end of the year). He's a good sales man but he's also open to pretty much anything really (bearing in mind we are at the 'mature' end of entry age into Australia. Do you think he will get something without too much bother??
Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
I would like to take you up on your offere to pick your brains please as we are hoping to come to Brisbane in May. I am a nurse so job is sorted but my husband will be looking for work when we get there. We are going on a long stay business visa and am wondering what you may think his chances are. He's a financial adviser over here so we think that involves sitting exams over there (which he will probably do when we go for PR at the end of the year). He's a good sales man but he's also open to pretty much anything really (bearing in mind we are at the 'mature' end of entry age into Australia. Do you think he will get something without too much bother??
Here is my own view of getting jobs: if a person has some experiences, and isn't too fussy, something will normally be available. Then, after settling into the "Australian system", they can begin to work on getting the better jobs.

eg: Begining on the McDonalds counter and rising to a secure Government position isn't unheard of

"Good" salesmen are always in demand though.

Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Have you had a look at the employment websites? I am a HGV driver and found that I was very much in demand for better money than I was earning in the UK. I had to sit a few exams to get my licence converted and had to shell out oround $1000 on driving lessons.

At least as a nurse your family will have a steady income from day one.