New to GC

Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:10 am
Just Joined

maggie1593 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to GC

Hi, We have recently moved to GC with our two little men, ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, and we're very keen to meet up with other families with young kids (an appreciation of sleeps and tanties goes without saying!), or to join mum's groups, playgroups etc. We are living in Robina at the mo, but willing to travel. We'll be going along to the July meet up in GC but if anyone out there is keen to meet up in the meantime let me know.

Cheers, Maggie
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:13 am
Social Director

Kirstydownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to GC

Hi maggie. Where have you moved from? We are further north on Hope Island, but not far to drive to Robina. Have 3 kids younger 2 are similar ages to yours. How you finding the gold coast?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:37 am
Just Joined

Hi, we are really enjoying the GC, love the climate, though we haven't yet experienced the humidity that I keep hearing about. We have been in Oz for a while, just moved from WA which was way too hot for me. Have you been here long? Did it take you long to settle in? If you fancy catching up one day we could meet at Parklands? My kids are in daycare mon and fri but could do in between?
Maggie
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:42 am
Social Director

Kirstydownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi maggie

I work full time and the kids are in day care during the week. Will check tomorrow when my next day off is and get back to you. We have been here 2 years next month. Loving it so far. The humidity was a killer the 1st summer, and bad the 2nd. Hopefully this time around we will be ready for it

We've settled in quite well so far - just need to get out and start making friends now.

What do you do on weekends?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi maggie have a look at this thread for next month
its a great family day out
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711028
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks soapy for the thread, we will be going along to the christmas in july meet up - sounds like fun.

Kirsty - sorry to take so long to reply, internet ran out of juice! We're still juggling work a bit. Bruce is freelancing at the moment so depending on his work schedule, I work some weekends but we are trying to keep them free, and I guess like the majority of GC'ers we try to get to the beach for some of it. Burleigh is a favourite place as all of us, Bruce gets to surf, kids get to play and I get good coffee!

What's Hope Island like? We looked at it to live in but I couldn't see much evidence of kids around so thought it might be a bit isolated. Seemed very geared towards the retired and the boat mad. We haven't bought yet so still researching areas to settle in...