Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new to the forum few questions

new to the forum few questions

Old Feb 27th 2011, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

shelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really niceshelllaiken is just really nice
Default new to the forum few questions

Sorry if this has been done before i have had a look around and ALOT of googleing lol.

Myself, my partnew and my 2 children are wanting to move to Aus. I am in the process of becoming a nurse and he is a lorry driver.
now for the quesions
1. Would we need to be married for me to bring them all over?

2. when would i start the visa process? would i need to wait until i was ACTUALLY qualified?

3. If the Ex was to be difficult could i get something to take my child anyway?

4 would i need to set up a job before i went?

5. do you go over and live in a hotel until you find a house to rent ?

Thank you in advance and Hi every one
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:12 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: new to the forum few questions

Originally Posted by shelllaiken
Sorry if this has been done before i have had a look around and ALOT of googleing lol.

Myself, my partnew and my 2 children are wanting to move to Aus. I am in the process of becoming a nurse and he is a lorry driver.
now for the quesions
1. Would we need to be married for me to bring them all over?

2. when would i start the visa process? would i need to wait until i was ACTUALLY qualified?

3. If the Ex was to be difficult could i get something to take my child anyway?

4 would i need to set up a job before i went?

5. do you go over and live in a hotel until you find a house to rent ?

Thank you in advance and Hi every one
Hi I cant answer all your questions but I can answer some in relation to my experience.

1) Dont think so if you can proe its a true relationship then its called defacto I think so is ok.
2)you have to be qualified and registered before you can start the visa process
3) dunno sorry
4) I did and it makes it easier aand for visa if no job you need the experience in uk dunno how many years cos I have been sponsered from newly qualified.
5) yes we will be in a rented apartment near the hospital and am trying to find rentals asap when we land.

Hope that this helps a bit for you
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:12 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

oh forgot you can apply for jobs before you qualify and can apply for new graduate positions as well.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...

First off... If your ex doesnt agree then you're possibly in for a long haul through the courts.. How old are the children? it is time consuming, costly and you would need professional advice..... There are threads on here about the same...

The marriage question... You can proove defacto.. You just need evidence, and enough of it.... We decided that even after 20 years together and four children together it'd be easier if we got married lol...

Hope you find your answers

Eds
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Mark.n.Mel is an unknown quantity at this point

Only a problem if the child was born after 2005 and only then if the fathers name is on the birth certificate.

If the child was born before 2005 and the fathers name is on the birth certificate, then the father has to have gone through the courts to be given rights as a parent.

The father has these rights by default if the top section is true to the case and he could then fight against you wanting to leave and you would then be in for a lengthy haul through the legal system....