Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Forms on immi.com

New Forms on immi.com

Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Forms on immi.gov.au

Just got my 47sk back from Aus. and checked on IMMI website for updates only to see that there are new form formats being issued in March to be used..http://www.immi.gov.au/forms_booklets/forms_design.htm Can I still use the 47sk that has all my rellies details on??

Last edited by john_w; Feb 20th 2006 at 9:32 am.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:52 am
Destination Sunshine

Location: Cornwall. Hoping to be going back to Brissie, maybe Redcliff,Deception Bay or Sunshine Coast.
Marie's big sister will become famous soon enoughMarie's big sister will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Forms on immi.gov.au

Originally Posted by john_w
Just got my 47sk back from Aus. and checked on IMMI website for updates only to see that there are new form formats being issued in March to be used..http://www.immi.gov.au/forms_booklets/forms_design.htm Can I still use the 47sk that has all my rellies details on??
Hi,

I copied this from the link you provided:

In some cases the two colour design of the department's forms can cause downloading, printing and faxing issues.

The department, in response to feedback and following testing has decided to progressively update the design of both its electronic (PDF) and paper forms to print in black ink only and without background screens.

The updated forms will download, print and fax more easily. More than 50 re-designed forms will be available from 1 March 2006 and the remainder by October 2006.

The content in many forms and booklets changes periodically. The forms and booklets on this website (regardless of their colour) are the latest version. Unless you have been advised otherwise, please use these latest versions.

My interpretaion of this is that the forms are being re designed to make use easier and to prevent some of the problems caused by the current design (caused by background screens - they are getting rid of them)

It mentions content change happens periodically. A lot of forms were updated (content wise) late 2005 but I guess you should still check that yours is still the latest version.

What they are saying is that those currently on the site are the current lastest versions (regardless of whether your form is still coloured or has been re designed to print black and white).

In a nutshell re design does not affect the content of the form but you should always check before submission that you are sending the latest version (particularly if you have taken several months over filling in the form)

I hope I have managed to put this into plainer english for you to clear up the confusion.

All the Best

Susan.