Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new drinking mates.. in 20's..Perth Northern suburbs?

new drinking mates.. in 20's..Perth Northern suburbs?

Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: new drinking mates.. in 20's..Perth Northern suburbs?

hi all,
so did you all get to meet up the other week ? if so how did it go?

well we are coming over on the 13th myself(27) kev(29) and three kids 9,4 and 12months and would love to meet up with new people and familys
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi all,
so did you all get to meet up the other week ? if so how did it go?

well we are coming over on the 13th myself(27) kev(29) and three kids 9,4 and 12months and would love to meet up with new people and familys
How do both... When do you arrive? Its flown in since the last time we have crack. We have been here for nearly 7 months now... gone in quick
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:17 am
Just Joined

NessieNoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn I log in regularly but only just saw this thread :s

Me 36 and OH 41. No kids (yet) so happy to hang out with you young uns for a few jars or the folks with kids for practice parenting

We are in Fremantle so SOR or Perth is all good. Both working tho, so evenings or Sundays for us.

Just done our 7months and feeling a little homesick now, looking forward to the Spring. I am sure that will pass when we can get down the beach again
Old Aug 18th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld
How do both... When do you arrive? Its flown in since the last time we have crack. We have been here for nearly 7 months now... gone in quick
7 months already
We arrived on 13th August, Still trying to find our feet, but we have got a few friends who are helping us through lol

Oh we're in Mindarie btw so not far from you guys in joondalup and ocean keys

Kev
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

ralphand nic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NessieNoo
Damn I log in regularly but only just saw this thread :s

Me 36 and OH 41. No kids (yet) so happy to hang out with you young uns for a few jars or the folks with kids for practice parenting

We are in Fremantle so SOR or Perth is all good. Both working tho, so evenings or Sundays for us.

Just done our 7months and feeling a little homesick now, looking forward to the Spring. I am sure that will pass when we can get down the beach again
We would love to meet up for a beer or two. We are living in Aveley (Swan Valley) and regularly head to Freo. Both 37 and no kids ( yet too!), been here since Sept 08 and in Perth since Jan 09.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:50 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

Anyone want to name a date to meet up in the City for a few drinks? Have a few things on in September so is anyone free Friday or Saturday nights in October??? Seems like this thread has been going on for a while with loads wanting to meet up

I'm in a need of a beer
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:32 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mand-jim
Anyone want to name a date to meet up in the City for a few drinks? Have a few things on in September so is anyone free Friday or Saturday nights in October??? Seems like this thread has been going on for a while with loads wanting to meet up

I'm in a need of a beer
Hello all! There is a meet up happening at Durty Nelly's on Murray Street in the City this Saturday (19th), think it is from 7pm! Get involved people....we can finally all put faces to names
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:06 am
Just Joined

pauldw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I moved here with my GF (aussie) in feb this year. Im 24 and geeezzzz how hard is it to make friends over here. I think its bacause all the schools are spread around and people tend to have school friends for life over here. Unless its that or work its real tough. so Yeah just wanted to put myself out there for a few drinkys. No doubt you would have all had your BBQ already but id love to meet you all.. I live in Forrestfield in Kalamunda but can easily get around to wherever. Let me know if your all meeting in the city or whatever.

Cheers.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:39 am
Loving Perth!

Originally Posted by pauldw
Hey,

I moved here with my GF (aussie) in feb this year. Im 24 and geeezzzz how hard is it to make friends over here. I think its bacause all the schools are spread around and people tend to have school friends for life over here. Unless its that or work its real tough. so Yeah just wanted to put myself out there for a few drinkys. No doubt you would have all had your BBQ already but id love to meet you all.. I live in Forrestfield in Kalamunda but can easily get around to wherever. Let me know if your all meeting in the city or whatever.

Cheers.
Hello there, welcome to Perth!!

We don't really have any meet ups planned, mainly because people have lots of things on around Christmas. There will no doubt be some more in the new year, I know there is a meet up at Kings Park & another on the South Perth foreshore. 1 is 10th January & 1 is 23rd - sorry I can't remember which is which. Be worth heading along though, many people are in the same situation & you feel so much better after swapping stories!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:55 am
Just Joined

pauldw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mand-jim
Hello there, welcome to Perth!!

We don't really have any meet ups planned, mainly because people have lots of things on around Christmas. There will no doubt be some more in the new year, I know there is a meet up at Kings Park & another on the South Perth foreshore. 1 is 10th January & 1 is 23rd - sorry I can't remember which is which. Be worth heading along though, many people are in the same situation & you feel so much better after swapping stories!
Sounds really good Mandy. thanks for your support. I'm really trying to put in the effort so im well up for making my way there. Ill keep an eye on this forum and see what I can do..
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:59 am
Loving Perth!

Originally Posted by pauldw
Sounds really good Mandy. thanks for your support. I'm really trying to put in the effort so im well up for making my way there. Ill keep an eye on this forum and see what I can do..
Found the details on the 23rd Jan BBQ....
http://www.meetup.com/Brits-Abroad-M...ndar/12034849/

You may need to register to see the details. That means the 10th Jan must be the Kings Park 1. Check out the Poms in Perth website as they have quite a few things planned: -
http://www.pomsinperth.com/discussionboard/
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Uk_John1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I arrived in Perth a couple of weeks ago, came across from the UK on my own on a 457 visa. Im living in South Perth at the moment but will be moving to West Perth in the next 2 weeks.

Anybody game for a few drinks in the city one weekend? Im 26 and single and like a few other people on here miss my social circle!

John
Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Hi there,

We've been here for 5 1/2 weeks now and would like to start meeting people. No kids so can meet any time.
We're NOR and was wondering if there is anything planned that we could come along too. Up for anything (within reason ), just want to get out meeting people now that we're settled in a house.
Sam and Andrew