Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Central Coast Meet

New Central Coast Meet

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:53 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Central Coast Meet

Originally Posted by LAM
Hi Folks,

We arrived about 1:15pm and booked in the caravan park next door. walked around Swadling Park, Toowoon Bay. There was some boat comp on the beach, a birthday party with loads of balloons around a BBQ and some none english speaking people. so we drove to the golf club, thinking there must be another park but no. We walked around swalding park again but we just couldn't see anything which would suggest british expats.

we were all gutted after making a special trip but nether mind the camp sites nice and were moving up near Newcastle in a few days.
Hi

What a bummer - you must have walked straight past our little group if you saw all the other groups. We thought about a Union flag but decided against it as most of us know someone else in the group. Hopefully we can put this right for you at the next meet but pleased that you have found the caravan park there to be OK. Not a bad spot is it?

Unfortunately, we didn't know that the surfboat comp was on and when the first of us arrived at 12 noon we had great difficulty in finding anywhere near to park up and unload.... and, as you noticed.... there were a few other large groups partying.

I see that Linda and Keith have let you know that they live up near where you intend to go - as do their family - and there are some others not too far away from there, so you will have a few Expat neighbours to put you right on the questions you might have. Just shout, someone will know the answer!

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:02 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Gill and Jim,

Thanks for organising the Meet - a great afternoon and good company and perfect weather!!! Re the thread from LAM - perhaps we should have had our Blue Peter flags with us so that they could have identified us!!!! They were not aware of course that they should have looked out for that famous Pink shirt!!!!! Thanks again

Linda and Keith
Hiya

Thanks for that - yes it was a good afternoon - and all the children also seemed to enjoy it down in the water.

Good to see the old faces again and to meet some new ones.

Have to start thinking about a meet near Christmas next ! Any ideas anyone ?

Jim and Gill

ps Gill took a couple of pics which I will attempt to reduce and get on to here in the near future. Nothing revealing so far as I can remember
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Yes thanks Jim for organising it. It was a great location, we will definately visit the beach again, the kids loved it.
Hello to the people who are moving near Newcastle, we are also up that end so if you need any help give us a shout.

Caz
Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hiya

Thanks for that - yes it was a good afternoon - and all the children also seemed to enjoy it down in the water.

Good to see the old faces again and to meet some new ones.

Have to start thinking about a meet near Christmas next ! Any ideas anyone ?

Jim and Gill

ps Gill took a couple of pics which I will attempt to reduce and get on to here in the near future. Nothing revealing so far as I can remember
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:14 am
Just Joined

LoPants is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

We are flying out on 16th November, myself,oh and our little girl Lola who is 17 mnths, we are staying at Pearl beach for 1 week and will be looking for rental accomodation at the same time, somewhere between Belmont and Newcastle. I,m dreading being away from family so close to Christmas so a meet would be really really good for us.
If anyone is Moving out of a really nice rental around 26th November, it would be appreaciated if you could let us know, or any good rental companies that people have used.

Thanks
Sarah
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
Hi there everyone.

Sorry I didnt make the last one but hubby works shifts and is not always able to make weekends.

So I thought I would suggest some dates for next time for when he is off.

Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th, sat 13th, sun 14th, sun 21st of October. Location can be decided by the majority.

Jo
right now I am sulking big time, I refer to the the first post. Hummmmm who was it..........ME, although I will let Jim take credit for the location. Right off to sulk in the corner.

Jo
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Hello

Thanks to all who sorted this out - sorry we couldn't get there until late and then had to rush off too!! And sorry to those that we didn't get around to saying hello to!

Take care everybody!!

Tracy and Patrick
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LoPants
Hi All

We are flying out on 16th November, myself,oh and our little girl Lola who is 17 mnths, we are staying at Pearl beach for 1 week and will be looking for rental accomodation at the same time, somewhere between Belmont and Newcastle. I,m dreading being away from family so close to Christmas so a meet would be really really good for us.
If anyone is Moving out of a really nice rental around 26th November, it would be appreaciated if you could let us know, or any good rental companies that people have used.

Thanks
Sarah
Hello Sarah,

You have chosen a lovely area to come to. We live in Charlestown which is between Belmont and Newcastle. Would be pleased to help you settle once you arrive in Oz. As you might have read from a previous post, we moved here in January to be near our family who also live in charlestown - they have a gorgeous son Jack who is nearly 9 months old. If we can help you in any way please contact us. I will send you a PM so that you have a contact number once you arrive in the area. There are quite a few young expat families in this area so you will be fine as they are all so nice and friendly.

Regards

Linda & Keith
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:45 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
nice to meet you all on sunday, had a great day, kids loved it, got to speak to a few of you, but didnt get chance to get round everyone, due to being dragged off to the beach every 5 minutes by the kids!!!
xmas meet would be great, and hello to all the new newcastle people, were up that way too, plenty of us!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Sorry
Thankyou JO

right now I am sulking big time, I refer to the the first post. Hummmmm who was it..........ME, although I will let Jim take credit for the location. Right off to sulk in the corner.

Jo
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Sorry
Thankyou JO
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:12 am
An Australian Citizen !!

I'll give you half of my fee when I next see you
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
I'll give you half of my fee when I next see you
Ok have put dummy back in now.

Jo
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok have put dummy back in now.

Jo
See
nNew thread for xmas meet. Just to flag to all on list.

Jo