Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Hey Paul no useful advice, can fully understand what you are saying about crap wages and sky high cost of living tho.

Just want to wish you all the best, and would probably add what you can earn in the UK compared to here would pay for a extended holiday in OZ every couple of years, sometimes that is a much better option than all the reality of living here.

Whatever all the best to you and your family, have a curry for me
Yeah ONE day I'll be a millionaire () and i'll be 'cushty' (sound like bloody Delboy ...lol) and it'll all be fine, but for now I just hope one day I'll be able to live a little more comfortably here as we DO all love it!

Still, back on my bloody missions I go! ...lol

Originally Posted by on a mission
hey paul,

someone is offering work on the GC , and not crap wages.

see the other thread, by kevin bllomfield,

sunshinecoast and crap wages.
I've actually been offered a piecework job and a tip of a labouring job up the road. All good and I'll obv consider anything! Just need to find time on PC to find the thread as am currently bouncing emails back and forth to UK about lodgings etc and trying to find a decent priced flight and reply to pm's.

All go all go!

Originally Posted by Stitch
All the very best of luck. I really wish we had some dosh that we could throw you're way but seem to be paying out more than we can bring in right now.

Go for it and I hope it all works out for you and yours.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks Ginny but to be honest we could prob borrow money from family back home but it's just another bill to pay so wouldn't take it from anyone. Even on Nic's wage and what I can prob earn still unskilled, we can get by ok just. We live modest lives really and are happy with a walk up the beach with the dog over a night out to a club these days.

It's just if we need that little 'extra' then with recent wages we just can't put anything away so I actually feel good about the possibility of clearing the slate and starting a fresh!

NOT forgetting my Tinny! ...lol

Originally Posted by curly
Best of luck you deserve it
Thanks mate ...

Ok so current state of play is (good chance of repeating myself here as my brain is slightly fried as we speak ...lol)

Ok, got this reply from email I sent family, it's from Nic's brother:

'All good, I will be happy to pay for the air ticket back now, if you need, and you can pay me back once you get some money from the cab..

Also fine for you stay at mine, got spare bedroom with double bed

Regards'

Her sister has also offered a room but couldn't do the duration. bit still it's all good to know it's there if needed.

MY side haven't commented yet, but best I not go there! ...

Next step is the flight and I WAS gonna go one way but as I've got the chance to book a return with 'possible' (not sure if I can do this, anyone know how to online with it wanting return dates??) open return ticket ?!? ... I'm on the hunt for that next.

I've gotta arrange all kinds of stuff and the kids are already placing orders for crisps and junk, I'm taking hand luggage as don't need much so they want me to take an empty suitcase or two ...lol, bless! ... NOT!!! ... selfish that's what they are! ...lol

Anyway, just to update that it's as good a DEF now so hope to be on my way early next week!

Quite exciting really and I'm already making plans for 'curry nights' in good ole Abbots Langley Herts, oh I can taste it now! ...

Needless to say I've seemed to almost step up onto a bit of a high since confirming it in my head that this is on. I double checked with Nic today that she's cool with it all and we both know it;s for the best, so I think it's just the knowledge that I can go and sort this little mess out that is giving me this Euphoric almost feeling.

(god I'm waffling!!)

I said to Nic earlier how I've felt quite powerless of recent in the money dept. Ok, I'm a qualified Hairdresser, but that's long hard graft to make money and not goin there. In the UK as much as I loathed being a cabbie most of the time, I DID have the ability to do a few more hours or days if needed. There's nothing like being skint and not a lot you can do about it ...

I AM feeling sorry for myself I know ... ... but I recently sold a torch collection for about $1,250 so I could buy a cheap Tinny but it went on bills in the end ...lol so my figure to aim for will include monies to replace my little dream ...

Sad git I know ...lol, but dreams pull you through hard shi ... oops, almost swore, but you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, thanks for support as usual, I know we all have our gripes with BE in one way or another, but personally I KNOW 100% ppl on here have helped me through all of this mission, and I thank you all dearly! ...

Oh and sorry if sounds like a speech, it isn't, I'm just tipsy! ...

Now where's that flight!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:07 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

The best of luck to you
Hope everything pans out - God loves a trier
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Think it is great that you are not giving up but fighting on for your dream. really wish you all the very best of luck, you deserve to succeed
Karma sent
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:15 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck back in blighty mate. Get a nice piccie of where you live now, stick it to the sunshade in your cab - and if pissed up twats in the back of your cab ever piss you off, just flip the shade down and remind yourself of what you're doing ...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Best of luck back in blighty mate. Get a nice piccie of where you live now, stick it to the sunshade in your cab - and if pissed up twats in the back of your cab ever piss you off, just flip the shade down and remind yourself of what you're doing ...
Good call, altho to be honest I'm sure I'll be ok with it all as I'll know it's for a short time and for a good cause. Will be a novelty almost.

The place I'm staying has net access so I'll be spoilt anyway! ...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
God loves a trier
I hope so!

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Think it is great that you are not giving up but fighting on for your dream. really wish you all the very best of luck, you deserve to succeed
Karma sent
I think it took a week for us to know the move here was right for us. We STILL think living here is almost like a holiday half the time and have no REAL urges to HAVE a holiday!

Ok, money issues, work issues etc etc, but we can have them anywhere!

All about the big picture tho ennit! ...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all the best Paul, keep us all up to date won't you
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Pomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to all

How predictable of you,

I KNEW it would have to do something with your bloody tinny! some people.. and enough of this saying the kids being 'selfish' asking for food... ill be giving you a list thank you very much.

And get over the torches haha
Guessing you know who this is...

laters!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pomme
Guessing you know who this is...

laters!

Has she gone yet?

Oh dear, I think my daughter is bored at work, it's all over now! ...

I think there's someone at reception, go on, run along now sweetie ...
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Pomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
[URL]

Has she gone yet?

Oh dear, I think my daughter is bored at work, it's all over now! ... http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...eys/scared.gif
me? bored at work? noooo

maybe i should come on here more often actually, see what you like to put in your little comments shall we

this comp is shockingly slow its crap!

ps. like the name? Ashley was gone and coudlnt think of anything else.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:29 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe the use of the word 'home' indicates something?

Good luck to ya!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:33 am
Account Closed

me? bored at work? noooo

maybe i should come on here more often actually, see what you like to put in your little comments shall we

this comp is shockingly slow its crap!

ps. like the name? Ashley was gone and coudlnt think of anything else.
You're embarrassing me ...

I see another member (Soapy) recently go thru this with his daughter and I thought ... naaaah, they'll have no time for this with MySpace and MSN.

Correct is the right answer! ...

Name suits, even more so when you throw the 'whinging' bit in front ...
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Maybe the use of the word 'home' indicates something?

Good luck to ya!
You know I HAVE thought this after posting, but to me without doubt Australia is my home now, I'm 100%.

DON'T know what is round the corner, but for now am happy here ...
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
You're embarrassing me ...

I see another member (Soapy) recently go thru this with his daughter and I thought ... naaaah, they'll have no time for this with MySpace and MSN.

Correct is the right answer! ...

Name suits, even more so when you throw the 'whinging' bit in front ...
what can i say? like father like daughter!

haha really.
iv been thinking for years (youve been on here yeard aint ya?) to come on and annoy you.
and getting payed to sit and do nothing for 9 house has finally helped me fulfill me dream.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:40 am
Account Closed

what can i say? like father like daughter!

haha really.
iv been thinking for years (youve been on here yeard aint ya?) to come on and annoy you.
and getting payed to sit and do nothing for 9 house has finally helped me fulfill me dream.
GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!! ...

Ok, no time for fun as getting close to finding a flight.

$2100 for return so far, but gotta check return is open.

Chicken Dil Kush ...

(sorry)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.