Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Old Nov 18th 2007, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Originally Posted by Bix
Aye. Maybe the last time you have to do something like this Paul so make the most of it.
Yeah I hope so. I HAVE thought at times about maybe doing this again, but when I think hard about it, I don't like the idea really. Still, always there if desperate, and yeah HAVE to make the most of it really ...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:09 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
You'll I'm over half way, counting the days (14 working and last day here off) now and have managed to pay back the money I was borrowed to pay the boy's school fees, chip away at the credit card debt, and tomorrow I'll repay the flight money.

Still other monies to find before it's 'tinny money' time ... but all goin to plan ...

Not much to report really, well, only that in 11 years of driving a cab I've never been asked this:

"are you for sale?" ...

I guess for the right price I am ...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippies

ALTHO! ... as it's hard to guess what i'll exactly earn on future nights, and I keep finding other monies that will be needed, my figures are basically all over the place, and today I need roughly an extra £500 that will be hard to find. I'm really pushing things with targets now, but can only do more hours! I'm thinking my last weekend I'll break all records as in hours so will hopefully be ok.

I spose if we don't do it I can always buy one of these:

Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Lol....hmm nice Paul
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, have just been catching up with your time in London town!
Hang on in there, not too long to go & glad to see you still keeping your sense of humour(Comments about good London drivers indeed) Things must have changed since I lived there or perhaps it was only sarf of the river where evryone was possessed with road rage!
Best wishes. The rain has got to be good for business I guess?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol....hmm nice Paul
Jelousy will get you no where! ...

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Paul, have just been catching up with your time in London town!
Hang on in there, not too long to go & glad to see you still keeping your sense of humour(Comments about good London drivers indeed) Things must have changed since I lived there or perhaps it was only sarf of the river where evryone was possessed with road rage!
Best wishes. The rain has got to be good for business I guess?
Sarf of the river? ... hmm, now let me think.

Sorry, not my way tonight ... ... altho seriously, trust me I'm goin all over the place, not turning a fare down!

Rain CAN be good, but if it's been raining all day it can also stop ppl goin out so is best to start peeing down at about 9pm when everyone is in their restaurant, theatre, whatever! ... and come out to it! ... Altho at the same time it will make ppl that normally wait around for a licenced cab, use a tout in desperation so not always a good thing rain.

Anyway, did 9 hours tonight and made my target + £50 to go towards the ever increasing overall target I need to make to buy that bloody tinny I keep goin on about ...lol

Will keep me goin tho hopefully ...

Now where's that Pomme and her WTF? ...
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't she be in school
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Shouldn't she be in school
She should be in a Real Estate office under the Q1 to be honest ...lol

Long long story, but she is now earning, which reminds me to check if she's payed her board this week ...

Oh and all the time in the world for the net so am suprised she hasn't shown her face ...
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Am bored so gonna post a pic or 2.

Must admit I've enjoyed the food here. Don't get me wrong I love the food in Oz, but altho I like the kebabs there (different), there's sommit about a good ole greasy Donner ...lol, altho local gaff IS bloody top! ...

Eat in for £2.90 I think.

Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Oxford Street lights,

Oh this is SOOOOO gonna make you jealous! ...

Pathetic!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oxford Street lights,

Oh this is SOOOOO gonna make you jealous! ...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...1112007582.jpg

Pathetic!
Good to see they are as rubbish as ever
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Good to see they are as rubbish as ever
REAL poor I tell ya. I've seen houses kitted up better than this.

Oh and this will kill you Penny, so sorry to have to be possibly the first to let you know but Herts today had snow.

Don't shout at me with jealousy you! ...
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:59 am
Account Closed

I did have plans to indulge lots with these, but so far only 2 and the other was way better, but this was thrown at me on day 2 when I was a bit 'iffy' to say the least.

I eat half ...

EASY the biggest thing me and my lot miss from the UK. We've tried a few on the Gold Coast, but have now given up and settle for Sharwoods ...

Sorry Ash, but you know me and my camera!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Scots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant futureScots lass doon under has a brilliant future

Hi Paul,
I don't post very much on here, more of an observer but love it all the same, so just wanted to say "wishing u all the luck in the world" and keep the posts coming. Beats a bed-time read any day, lol.
Fiona x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:24 am
Account Closed

Ok, the tower to the right holds ole Nelson, so this is Trafalgar Square.

THIS tho is to me a mystery, prob called 'Art' or something.

Just a random.

Now THIS is clever and fair play to whoever woked this one out.

Now on the left parking bay you have a few cars, on the right none.

Now picture it with the bays full of cars! ... 6pm onwards.

Where do the moving cars go? ...

Ok for motorbikes, but the odd 7 ton lorry has problems. This is around the corner from where I'm staying and you know what, I've NEVER had to reverse so much to let another car pass! ... just don't happen in Oz ...

I spose the streets were after all built for horse and cart, but this place seems sooooo small.

WBG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.