Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It Never Rains!!

It Never Rains!!

Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It Never Rains!!

Woke up this morning to find water dripping through the ceiling from unit above, girls upstairs are house sitting and they have no idea what to do, reported it to strata manager and letting agent and like most things here in Perth the wheels turn slowly, its being sorted, by who and when is anyones guess. No worries mate.

Its now pouring though at an incredible rate, but the good news is we now have an indoor pool.

Oh well such is life, best go and stop Donna throwing herself off the balcony. Keep telling her its lifestyle but shes just not getting it. !
Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It Never Rains!!

Originally posted by karawara88
Woke up this morning to find water dripping through the ceiling from unit above, girls upstairs are house sitting and they have no idea what to do, reported it to strata manager and letting agent and like most things here in Perth the wheels turn slowly, its being sorted, by who and when is anyones guess. No worries mate.

Its now pouring though at an incredible rate, but the good news is we now have an indoor pool.

Oh well such is life, best go and stop Donna throwing herself off the balcony. Keep telling her its lifestyle but shes just not getting it. !
Snap! We had that yesterday morning! Got up to go to loo at 6 am and found water pouring through the bathroom ceiling!! Turns out that the ballcock had got stuck in the cold water tank. Talk about panic stations - I've never seen my husband move so fast that early in the morning before!!
Old Nov 26th 2003, 9:10 am
Badge

Look on the positive side :I can't wait to own my own home so that if the washing machine leaks - its only me that has to get involved!!!

I had a machine leak in a first floor flat in London and the neighbours whinging also drove me to despair! I've said to Mrs B - no more flats!

once bitten twice shy

Badge

Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:50 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88

Ahhhh, you poor things!

Is it sorted yet? Or are you now sleeping in a waterbed? (not funny )

Good luck!

Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Simone82
Ahhhh, you poor things!

Is it sorted yet? Or are you now sleeping in a waterbed? (not funny )

Good luck!

Its now sorted, quite funny really, I dont let this type of thing get me down, s**t happens and usually its just one of those things, as it happens they had a burst hot water tank, and they are only young girls who moved in last night and are house sitting for a family friend whose gone to Thailand so they had no idea what to do or who to contact.

Finnally got Letting agent to contact a plumber. Funny part was conversation with plumber, had a call at 3:30pm -

hello mate you have got a leak yeah,

yes its coming from unit upstairs through ceiling, blah, blah,

OK when will you be in.

We are in now and all evening,

no worries mate, I will come out tomorrow. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er. its coming through at an incredible rate and water is pouring over the balcony from unit upstairs.

I better see what I can do then.

He was out and fixed the problem upstairs withing 30 minutes.

Just imagine if it was UK,

Hello is that the plumber?

Yes

I have a serious leak from unit upstairs when can you get here?

Not your unit, cant touch that mate, they need to call me.

OK If they call when can you get here?

Week on Thursday at the earliest and its gonna cost yer.

Old Nov 26th 2003, 7:34 pm
plumber39

2wk's thursday
get real!

the plumber