Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Internet Optimizer, please help

Internet Optimizer, please help

Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:36 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Internet Optimizer, please help

Please help me, my pc has picked up something called Internet Optimizer. Everytime I put in a web address it comes up with this and says navigation error. It has taken me an hour to get here. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it.
Thanks
Sarah
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:41 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Try going into the Control Panel (assuming you're using Windows) and use the 'Add/Remove Programs' button. See if Internet Optimiser is installed there and remove it. Failing that, see if there's a directory in your 'Programs' section for Internet Optimizer, and see if that has an 'Uninstall' option.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:46 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Downunderpom but have tried both and the bugger is not listed. Have deleted cookies, history, temp files etc and it still keeps coming back. My PC is running very sllllllllllooooooowwwwllly at the moment and it's getting on my t##s.

Sarah
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:52 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by teach
Thanks Downunderpom but have tried both and the bugger is not listed. Have deleted cookies, history, temp files etc and it still keeps coming back. My PC is running very sllllllllllooooooowwwwllly at the moment and it's getting on my t##s.

Sarah
Okay, Sarah, just checked Google:

Removal
Check the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs feature for 'Active Alert' and 'Internet Optimizer'. If these entries are there, using both should result in InternetOptimizer's correct removal. Afterwards, ensure MoneyTree/DyFuCA (http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/MoneyTree.html) is no longer loaded.

Manual removal
For the Crmrest installer variant, open the Downloaded Program Files folder (inside the Windows folder) and remove the 'Media Manager' entry.

For other variants, open the Windows folder. You should be able to see a file 'ioptiXXX.dll' (Iopti variant), 'nemXXX.dll' (Nem variant) or 'wsemXXX.dll' (Wsem variant). The XXX differs for different versions; common versions are 'iopti130.dll', 'nem207.dll' and 'wsem210.dll'.

Open the registry (click 'Start', choose 'Run' and enter 'regedit') and find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run. Delete the entries 'DyFuCA' and 'DyFuCA Active Alerts'.

Now open a DOS command prompt window (from Start->Programs->Accessories), and enter the following commands (for the Iopti variant):

cd "%WinDir%\System"
regsvr32 /u ..\iopti130.dll
Or, for the Nem variant:

cd "%WinDir%\System"
regsvr32 /u ..\nem207.dll
Or, for the Wsem variant:

cd "%WinDir%\System"
regsvr32 /u ..\wsem210.dll
Restart the computer and you should be able to delete the DLL from the Windows folder, and the 'DyFuCA', 'Internet Optimizer' or 'STWSI' folder you may have inside Program Files. You can also delete the subkey 'FCI' in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software to clean up if you like.

Here's the link for the whole thing:

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/InternetOptimizer.html

Good luck!

Steve
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:20 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Thanks Steve,
I will need all the luck in the world to get through that lot. Lol. I will certainly give it a go. Have also spoken to NTL since and they have told me that their server was captured last night causing dns - server errors, so this didn't help either.
Thanks again
Sarah
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:33 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi teach,

we also have ntl braodband and have this internet optimizer! Its frustrating when you have to spend ages trying to get to one particular site and you cant get on cos that bloody thing keeps appearing!!!

I'll get my husband to look at the replies and see if he can get rid of it. I wouldn't know where to start, although apparently I am the one that got 'it' in the first place!!!! I get blamed for everything that goes wrong with the computer, probably cos I don't know what I'm doing half the time!!

Let us know if you succeed and I will likewise.

thanks, Tracey
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:18 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Thanks Steve and Tracey,

Tried to delete as you said Steve but wouldn't allow me so I hit the link you provided. I had 5 different advertising things attached to my pc. The link suggested SPY BOT, so downloaded that thinking what harm can it do, certainly couldn't get any worse. It found 57 things, including premium rate dialers. Where I got them from I'll never know as I'm very careful. Spybot has appeared to have sorted out the problem and so far so good. Thanks again Steve.

Sarah
Old Nov 26th 2003, 7:51 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by teach
Thanks Steve and Tracey,

Tried to delete as you said Steve but wouldn't allow me so I hit the link you provided. I had 5 different advertising things attached to my pc. The link suggested SPY BOT, so downloaded that thinking what harm can it do, certainly couldn't get any worse. It found 57 things, including premium rate dialers. Where I got them from I'll never know as I'm very careful. Spybot has appeared to have sorted out the problem and so far so good. Thanks again Steve.

Sarah
Excellent news! I use Spybot myself, it's a good product.

Glad to hear it all got sorted.