Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The need for some poitive feedback!!please

The need for some poitive feedback!!please

Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:38 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default The need for some poitive feedback!!please

We have sent off our visa app, and I am throwing a wobbler cos I am on that 'rollercoaster' again! When I passed the TRA in Sept 05 I was ecstatic, now I am worrying because I am an office manager, and have been for over 3 years.Obviously as part of the visa process I have had to put evidence together for my managers role, but I don't have any formal qualifications, like I have for my Cooking. Wondered has anyone out here done the same and got the visa ok? (ie are not or were not applying for the visa with the job that they passed the TRA with) if you catch my drift. We are putting the house on the market in 2 weeks, so I think thats why I am starting to worry that we won't pass the visa stage. I need reassurance ... sorry to go on...
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:22 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The need for some poitive feedback!!please

Originally Posted by soonbethere
We have sent off our visa app, and I am throwing a wobbler cos I am on that 'rollercoaster' again! When I passed the TRA in Sept 05 I was ecstatic, now I am worrying because I am an office manager, and have been for over 3 years.Obviously as part of the visa process I have had to put evidence together for my managers role, but I don't have any formal qualifications, like I have for my Cooking. Wondered has anyone out here done the same and got the visa ok? (ie are not or were not applying for the visa with the job that they passed the TRA with) if you catch my drift. We are putting the house on the market in 2 weeks, so I think thats why I am starting to worry that we won't pass the visa stage. I need reassurance ... sorry to go on...
I left school with 3 O levels. I went on to be a General Manager of a company employing 400 people and then started my own very successful business and employed 40 people in the UK before we left. Qualification mean a lot in certain areas but in others they dont. I passed my skills assessment with AIM as a General Manager.

Life experience is perhaps the most important thing a person can have. Being a graduate doesn't mean you are not a moron.

But yes, now you have your skills assessment that body has already awarded you the points for your skill. No qualifications here in management but still easily got a 60 point job assessment.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if it helps but I studied for a degree and found that Vetassess had assessed me on a Btec National Certificate in Computer Studies that I got a few years previous.

So my Degree wasn't needed after all. I have applied as an Office Manager.

Lace x
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
I left school with 3 O levels. I went on to be a General Manager of a company employing 400 people and then started my own very successful business and employed 40 people in the UK before we left. Qualification mean a lot in certain areas but in others they dont. I passed my skills assessment with AIM as a General Manager.

Life experience is perhaps the most important thing a person can have. Being a graduate doesn't mean you are not a moron.

But yes, now you have your skills assessment that body has already awarded you the points for your skill. No qualifications here in management but still easily got a 60 point job assessment.
Hi there,

I'm with Cent on this one, if TRA have assessed your skillz then you shouldnt worry about if mybie your quali's, or lack of, will hold your application up, your skillz have already been assessed.

gd luck with it all.