Hello and a few questions

Hello and a few questions

Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

jagsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello and a few questions

Hi guys

I am quite new here - been doing lots of reading, but not much talking

May I just say this is an excellent forum and lots of useful info.

My family and I are on our way to Oz. We are leaving Newcastle (UK) and moving to Port Macquarie. We visited last October got employment and JUST CAN'T WAIT to come back.

This is a very exciting time after quite a few months of planning, and are looking forward to living in Oz.

My VISA application has been filed via the ENS route at the Paramatta office and I was wondering if anyone had experience of a VISA via this route and how long it took?

I've also been reading about removal companies - as I have my house contents to ship across has anyone set up a poll on the forum to measure preferred removers? If not how would one do this?

Keep up the good work and I look forward to receiving your advice.

Richard
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:31 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello and a few questions

Originally Posted by jagsy
Hi guys

My family and I are on our way to Oz. We are leaving Newcastle (UK) and moving to Port Macquarie. We visited last October got employment and JUST CAN'T WAIT to come back.

This is a very exciting time after quite a few months of planning, and are looking forward to living in Oz.

My VISA application has been filed via the ENS route at the Paramatta office and I was wondering if anyone had experience of a VISA via this route and how long it took?

I've also been reading about removal companies - as I have my house contents to ship across has anyone set up a poll on the forum to measure preferred removers? If not how would one do this?

Richard
Welcome to the forum
I believe there is a recent poll regarding moving companies or at least a thread about people's moving company experiences. Scroll through a few pages, youll find it.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Richard
Hi Richard cant answer your question about the visa but there are lots of posts about removal company's just do a search, welcome to the forum and good luck on your move,Janet
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:36 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

have a look here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ving+companies

or do site search for moving companies
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hi guys

Richard
Hi Richard!

Congrats on the job and the move! We applied for our visa on 31/10/05. I got a job at Gosford Hospital on the central coast NSW, a little South from Port Macquarie, and applied with ENS. The good news is our visa only took just under two months to be granted - got it on 22/12/06 - which was quicker than we thought and definitely much faster than the independent visa's judging by this forum. We also applied via the Parramatta office, and got a CO within two weeks, so looking good for you I think!

What work are you in? Best of luck with it all!

Jo x

P.S. We plumped for Allied Pickfords as they gave us the most info and answered our questions in more detail than anyone else. Were most expensive, but not by loads, and knocked just over a hundred pounds off when we tried our luck. Will post here as to how the move went
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

jagsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info so far....

SenoraJo
Thank you for the info re Paramatta - we should know our immigration officer in a couple of weeks.

My line of work is electricity distribution - I have been employed by the NSW electricity utility. My wife works in HR, but may fancy a change depending on opportunities in Port Macquarie.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Thanks for the info so far....

SenoraJo
Thank you for the info re Paramatta - we should know our immigration officer in a couple of weeks.

My line of work is electricity distribution - I have been employed by the NSW electricity utility. My wife works in HR, but may fancy a change depending on opportunities in Port Macquarie.
Glad to help! Hope all works out well for you both.

Jo x
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Richard

Hi Richard

Must say Port Macquarie is a really beautiful place to visit, once holidayed there, thought it was the kind of place I'd love to retire to, great beaches and lots of places of interest to visit. Hope the move goes well and you find work without any major problems