Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need some help with Form 119

Need some help with Form 119

Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Need some help with Form 119

Hi guys,

I need som ehelp on behalf of my father, he is trying to get proof of his citenzenship and has filled out form 119.
But he is not sure what to put for Question 15.

He come under the sub question:

Bor outside Australia
before 26 January 1949

But which category would he come under there is 4 for this section and he doesnt appear to match any of them?

My Dad was issued with his passport back in 1968'ish, 11 years before I was born, he then went on to live there for about 7-8 years. returning every now and then later to work.

Thanks guys

Phil.,
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some help with Form 119

Originally Posted by philnorris
Hi guys,

I need som ehelp on behalf of my father, he is trying to get proof of his citenzenship and has filled out form 119.
But he is not sure what to put for Question 15.

He come under the sub question:

Bor outside Australia
before 26 January 1949

But which category would he come under there is 4 for this section and he doesnt appear to match any of them?

My Dad was issued with his passport back in 1968'ish, 11 years before I was born, he then went on to live there for about 7-8 years. returning every now and then later to work.

Thanks guys

Phil.,
That section refers to people who acquired Australian citizenship automatically in 1949. Australian citizenship did not exist before then.

As a naturalised Australian (presumably) your father should fall into the category 'People previously issued with evidence of Australian citizenship'. Fill in the form on that basis and your father should give as much detail as he remembers on how he obtained Australian citizenship.

An copy of an old Australian passport should help as supporting evidence, especially if it says 'Australian' for nationality. However I have mentioned that occasionally before 1984, Australia did issue Australian passports to British and Commonwealth people resident in Australia.

Jeremy
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need some help with Form 119

Ah yes, I think I get it now, so he would need to tick the box for "Aquired by grant".
Excellent thanks again JAJ

Phil,

Originally Posted by JAJ
That section refers to people who acquired Australian citizenship automatically in 1949. Australian citizenship did not exist before then.

As a naturalised Australian (presumably) your father should fall into the category 'People previously issued with evidence of Australian citizenship'. Fill in the form on that basis and your father should give as much detail as he remembers on how he obtained Australian citizenship.

An copy of an old Australian passport should help as supporting evidence, especially if it says 'Australian' for nationality. However I have mentioned that occasionally before 1984, Australia did issue Australian passports to British and Commonwealth people resident in Australia.

Jeremy