Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to set up Ozzie Bank account whilst in UK

Need to set up Ozzie Bank account whilst in UK

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Default Need to set up Ozzie Bank account whilst in UK

Hi all,

I need to open an account so our house money once converted with HIFX can be put into the oxzzie account. National require you in person.

Who can I open one with and what I.D. do they need?

thanks,
65KK
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to set up Ozzie Bank account whilst in UK

You can open an account with HSBC, be warned though they send you loads and loads of forms to complete they require you to do a 100 point check and will need to see certified copies of passports, drivers licence and birth certificate etc you score points on each item. You can go into your local HSBC branch and ask them for the forms and they will contact their international banking branch in London for you. Of course I think it helps if you have an account with them in the UK but from all the threads on here I think they are one of the best and you don't need a tax file number to open the either, but believe you will need an address in Oz. Try this url.

http://www.hsbc.com/hsbc/personal/in...al-bankingount
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:24 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by 65 million
Hi all,

I need to open an account so our house money once converted with HIFX can be put into the oxzzie account. National require you in person.

Who can I open one with and what I.D. do they need?

thanks,
65KK

Try reading my thread from a month or so ago

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...ght=Banana%27s

Although you may find it best to move your account when you get to Oz we have and are still finding the Commonwealth Bank of Oz very good. The Net banking service is excellent and I can move money around, pay bills etc from my desk in the UK when Jill gets a bill in Oz.

The account was very very easy to set up and just takes an inital call to the Migrant office in London to get an info pack - the forms are very easy and the info they require should be easy to obtain.

The wesbite for the bank is http://www.commbank.com.au/default.asp . The number for the London office is 020 7710 3993 - this is the Migrant direct line. The switchboard is 020 7710 3990.

Good luck

Warren
Heart in Perth, Head in Essex

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Thank you both for your help.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
65%KK

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Try reading my thread from a month or so ago

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...ght=Banana%27s

Although you may find it best to move your account when you get to Oz we have and are still finding the Commonwealth Bank of Oz very good. The Net banking service is excellent and I can move money around, pay bills etc from my desk in the UK when Jill gets a bill in Oz.

The account was very very easy to set up and just takes an inital call to the Migrant office in London to get an info pack - the forms are very easy and the info they require should be easy to obtain.

The wesbite for the bank is http://www.commbank.com.au/default.asp . The number for the London office is 020 7710 3993 - this is the Migrant direct line. The switchboard is 020 7710 3990.

Good luck

Warren
Heart in Perth, Head in Essex