Flights times

Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights times

Hi All

Thinking about flights and will probably do Singapore Airlines with a couple of days stopover. Have two small children and not really looking forward to the flight can anyone tell me how long the respective legs will take in hours. LON to Sing and Sing to Brisbane.

Rgds

Rich
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights times

Hiya,

I know the flight to Singapore is usually about 12-13 hours. Then flying onto Syndey its about another 7 hours, not sure about Brisbane though (will prob be about the same i guess).

I'm not looking forward to the flight either and will travelling on my own. arhhhh!!

Su.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichnKim
Hi All

Thinking about flights and will probably do Singapore Airlines with a couple of days stopover. Have two small children and not really looking forward to the flight can anyone tell me how long the respective legs will take in hours. LON to Sing and Sing to Brisbane.

Rgds

Rich
13/14 to Singers then 7/8 to bris depending on winds

Plus downtime in singers ?? depends on which flight.

Good clean airport, showers, massage chairs, internet. Head for the oasis lounge we nearly died laughing, 3 boys on the electronic massage chairs :scared: wonder we didnt get thrown out of the airport
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Night flights it is then. Thanks guy's
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:26 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

In June I flew to Brisbane with Singapore, got the 12pm flight from Heathrow 11 hours 45 mins to Singapore 7 hours 30 mins to brisbane. I would recommend getting the night flight from London, far easier to sleep. Even though the flight I caught gets in around eight so you can go straight to bed if you want!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

bindi is an unknown quantity at this point

London to Singapore is the hard bit... anywhere between 12-14 hours. Singapore to Sydney/Melbourne/whereever in Oz usually takes 7-9 hours but it depends on which part of Oz you are flying to.

Almost every person I know who has flown from the UK to Oz has commented that during the flight they found it fascinating watching the screen they put up showing the plane's exact flight path over a map of the world. As soon as they see the plane is over Australia (usually Darwin or the top end somewhere) they get VERY excited and think that it won't be long before they will be arrving... 5-6 hours later they are still flying over Australia and still waiting to land at their destination! Australia is massive (it's bigger than the US!) and although the trip from Singapore is the shorter trip, it can still seem like an eternity before you finally land!!!!

Enjoy the trip!!!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:16 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

You can always try the Emirates... 6 hours from London to Dubai then the second flight if you go to perth its around 11 hours or sydney around 14h and 30m.

Flight times usually depends if the plane gets a jetstream tail/head wind .

Last edited by Boomerang; Aug 6th 2004 at 9:19 am.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:17 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Bindi Australia is not bigger than the US
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:25 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Think my flight time in total was close to 21 hours. :scared:

Cant remember the breakdown exactly but I think it was 13 ish to Sing and 8 ish to Brissy.

cheers

TT

Originally posted by RichnKim
Hi All

Rgds

Rich
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Here you go! This is taken from a recent flight itinerary

10:15 PM
Depart London (Heathrow) Airport on SINGAPORE AIRLINES
Flight SQ321 (747-400 Aircraft)
Flying Time: 12 hours 40 minutes Meals Served: Meal
Arrive Singapore Airport 6:55 PM

9:15 PM
Depart Singapore Airport on SINGAPORE AIRLINES
Flight SQ235
Flying Time: 7 hours 25 minutes Meals Served: Meal
Arrive Brisbane Airport
6:40 AM
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

From http://www.aussieinamerica.com/geography/population.htm

United States is the world's fourth largest country at about 9.1 million square kilometres (or 3.6 million square miles), and Australia comes in sixth at about 7.6 million square kilometres (or 3 million square miles). Australia is about four-fifths the size of the States. If you compare Australia to the "lower 48", taking Alaska out of the equation, the sizes are even closer, with Australia at about ninety-five percent the size of the continental U.S.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

i dont know if you have bookrd yet or not but we flew emiratres last time with a 5 and 7 year old,they were absolutely fine it was a 8+8+8,this time we are going singapore and leave at midday.
donna
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:13 am
rudo1ph

I'm flying Gluf Air and that breaks the journey into 3 too. It's going to be so much fun :scared: I'm travelling alone with 2, 5 and 8 year old kiddies.

Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:17 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
We've not long come back from a holiday in Brisbane in June 04.
We had exactly same flight times as 'trevglas' and we took our 2 years old with us.
I would recommend these flight times as it's better to get the longest part of the flight dealt with overnight. My son slept the whole of the Heathrow - Singapore flight and then he was ok for next flight from Singapore - Brisbane.
Singapore Airlines were really good with our son as well and were constantly asking if we needed anything and nothing was too much trouble.
Good Luck!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:45 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough

Last time I went out stopped for 10 hrs at Changi, worlds best airport, check into the transit hotel dirt cheap and get some kip, then land in Aus first thing in the morning stay up all day and hey presto no jet lag.........13 hrs to Singapore then 7 hrs to Sydney, we had a 200 km tailwind we were REALLY flying....