Reload this Page >

Need to find a career path for nipper

Need to find a career path for nipper

Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

telpen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to find a career path for nipper

Hi all
My son is doing his GCSE s and wants to be involved in Law either Police or A lawyer I have found a pre law course but wondered if anyone had any ideas we will be in Mandurah so if anyone has done the course or has some advice it wold be great. I would like to prepare this time as he is as practical as a chocolate fireguard so i dont think he will be a tradie
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:55 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to find a career path for nipper

Couldnt figure out if you are in UK or in Mandurah from your SIG ?

I presume you are in the UK?

The GCSE could have been a slip of the tongue you see.

Best bet is to log onto a TAFE or UNI site in WA. Check out the requirements and OP scores reqd for the career he wants.

Ste
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for that we have contacted them but from experience we wanted to find out if anyone had managed this way before
and yes we are back in the uk until July.
Ta alot
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:03 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

No problems.

The issue would be that if he IS DOING Gcse's now, that they are in line with the career path you are looking at.
Not knowing his GCSE' subjects is difficult for anyone to advise on, I would think.

Hence, try and determine what SUBJECTS he would need as an aussie schoolkid, and track backwards, to the subjects he is doing now. T determine if he is doing the right stuff.

Ste
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

sounds good advice
thanks ste
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:16 pm

dazah is an unknown quantity at this point

telpen how old is your son as kids in australia dont leave school till year 12 at the age of 18 they can leave at 16 witch is year 10 same as uk

best for your son to go back to school and do the vce or what ever it is where your moving to and then go on to the tafe / uni

hope this helped
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by telpen
Hi all
My son is doing his GCSE s and wants to be involved in Law either Police or A lawyer I have found a pre law course but wondered if anyone had any ideas we will be in Mandurah so if anyone has done the course or has some advice it wold be great. I would like to prepare this time as he is as practical as a chocolate fireguard so i dont think he will be a tradie
A law degree at the University of Western Australia is likely to be the best choice (in WA) if his academic record is good.

Unless you want to send him to university interstate - eg at the Australian National University in Canberra.

If you haven't got permanent residence by the time he starts university, be prepared for extra-high fees (international rates).