Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a favor, from a fisho down under!

Need a favor, from a fisho down under!

Old Nov 13th 2003, 11:52 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Need a favor, from a fisho down under!

Just need a favor...

If anyone is popping into a tackle shop within the next few weeks, pref in Bris, but anywhere will do, can you ask how much they sell a particular fishing reel for? Its quite an expensive one, and i need to know if its cheaper here or there.

Its called a Shimano TLD 15. Retails at £155 over here.

Don't make a special trip, just if you are popping in one

Many thanks

Pete.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 12:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a favor, from a fisho down under!

Originally posted by PeteY
Just need a favor...

If anyone is popping into a tackle shop within the next few weeks, pref in Bris, but anywhere will do, can you ask how much they sell a particular fishing reel for? Its quite an expensive one, and i need to know if its cheaper here or there.

Many thanks

Pete.
Will ask my cousin who owns a bait & tackle shop if he can get a price on it when I see him next.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 12:55 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Will ask my cousin who owns a bait & tackle shop if he can get a price on it when I see him next.

Poifect ! Thanks Mrs D.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seen the Shimano TLD 15 Multiplier, for 105 quid, reduced from 169.99, on this Uk site -

http://www.sportsmail.ltd.uk/acatalo...pliers_15.html

Scottm.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 2:01 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by scottm
Just seen the Shimano TLD 15 Multiplier, for 105 quid, reduced from 169.99, on this Uk site -

http://www.sportsmail.ltd.uk/acatalo...pliers_15.html

Scottm.
Blimey thats a great price!!

Thanks !

This forum certainly has its uses
Old Nov 14th 2003, 1:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by PeteY
Just need a favor...

Many thanks

Pete.

I can tell you exactly how much I paid for mine.. $215. Bought it a few years back (around three or four years ago) . Haggled them down from $299 (which was supposed to be also a cheap on offer price at that time)

Just a tip, when you get here go into a newsagent and see if you can get a Moe tackle catalogue (it looks like a newspaper) .. they are one of the most cheapest tackle shops in Australia. pretty famous for being the cheapest on most things.. They have a shop in NSW and do mail order; the paper can be bought or ordered at newsagents. The are not on the net.. don’t know why. Use their catalogue as a price guide, then when you shop around in your local tackle shops.. haggle with them by using the moe’s prices.. Moe’s prices are hard to beat.. it really is a good price guide for shopping in your tackle shops.

Also a another tip, tackle shops vary so much on prices with different reels.. so when you are looking for one type of reel.. just because a certain shop maybe cheap on some things it doesn’t mean that say they’ll be cheap on the type of model you are wanting to buy. So, shop around. Until you find the cheapest and do not be scared to haggle. If you have seen it cheaper in one shop, go to another and say you’ve seen it at “this certain price, and can you better the deal� most tackle shops will match their price, or go bit lower if they want your business.
cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 14th 2003 at 1:54 am.