Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a DVD Recorder?

Need a DVD Recorder?

Old May 16th 2005, 10:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a DVD Recorder?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I was thinking that myself, When the Aldi special comes back I must get one, I've mentioned it several times before, It has the latest pent4 processor (each time they release it it goes up a grade) 1 gig of ram, 256 Meg radeon video card, 250 gig 7200 hd, HDTV card latest dvd burner, all wireless, + remote control, Card reader for 20 cards, front access and rear access connectors. Only thing I can fault it on, with all that included, it should come with a slide out Harddrive, thats easy enough to install though. 1700 Aud, doesn't come with a screen/monitor..

HDTV PVR, with 250 gig Hardrive, would have to be at least 800 bucks maybe more.
I think Media centre is the future, but if the aussie TV stations don't release/keep to a schedule that it can download, then it's losing half it's functionality. In the UK, as you may or may not know the programme scheduling is pretty solid. BBC & Sky/digital channels tend to keep to their schedules like clockwork, whereas ITV & C4 often overrun.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:23 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Need a DVD Recorder?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
We dont have a lot of choice on those over here stormz, I've been looking around for a divx dvd player, still well over the 120 buck mark, I may go down the route of a 2nd large moniitor, for tv and dvd viewing, at least 22 inch, hopefully more, connected to my comp, with maybe a wireless sender, although with Wireless, turn on the Microwave and watch the distortion Uggggghhhh. Microwaves run at 2.4 gig as well dammit.

There is so much choice in these areas now, that it is bloody confusing.
Paypal me the dosh and I`ll get the DK915 or the Umax/Yamada one for you from ebuyer and put it in our shipment to Perth (which will hit Fremantle around the end of July).