Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need cheering up.....

Need cheering up.....

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need cheering up.....

Hello,

on Monday I was rushed into Cairns Base Hospital and diagnosed with Meningitis. I've spent the past 4/5 days hooked up to a drip with strong antibiotics and been pumped with morphine for the shocking headache/photophobia/neck pain I've had. Obviously, I'm back at home now, after begging with the Doc's and am on a course of oral a.biotics and pain killers but am feeling very lethargic and sorry for myself. Anything I eat comes straight back as my tummy is used to being fed by the drip, I think. Being ill is poo.

Logged on today to cheer myself up and find the forum in disarray. Anyone want to condense the past five days events into a brief summary for me please? Just brief but, I don't want another stonking headache. Would just like to add that this weeks events (in my life, not on the forum) prove yet again that life is way too short.

Cheers, Leigh.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need cheering up.....

Sod the forum, you get better Stan.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Sod the forum, you get better Stan.
Thanks Bixie. Wheres the Lion gone?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hello,

on Monday I was rushed into Cairns Base Hospital and diagnosed with Meningitis. I've spent the past 4/5 days hooked up to a drip with strong antibiotics and been pumped with morphine for the shocking headache/photophobia/neck pain I've had. Obviously, I'm back at home now, after begging with the Doc's and am on a course of oral a.biotics and pain killers but am feeling very lethargic and sorry for myself. Anything I eat comes straight back as my tummy is used to being fed by the drip, I think. Being ill is poo.

Logged on today to cheer myself up and find the forum in disarray. Anyone want to condense the past five days events into a brief summary for me please? Just brief but, I don't want another stonking headache. Would just like to add that this weeks events (in my life, not on the forum) prove yet again that life is way too short.

Cheers, Leigh.
Get well soon...
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear how sick you have been this week. Your illness makes all that has gone on a silly game!"
Bix's avatar is his reply to all thats gone on!

I hope you get well very soon, take care
Helen
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh nasty. Poor old you. Obviously well on the way back if they let you out but will probably feel crap for a while yet.

In short we got hit by a troll who managed to get Megs and flutterscutter banned (fs one week, megs not sure).

People got upset and it all got very out of hand. Mods were a little heavy handed but whatever they would have done would have been wrong so never mind. Sh*t job - no money and loads of grief

A few people decided they had had enough and had their account deleted but give them a while and am sure they will be back (hope so anyway).

The troll objected to cartoon bouncing boobies and got the mods to remove them so you are seeing a lot of boobies around at the mo cos we can

Anyway that's it. It's over, sh*t happens and hopefully we have all moved on.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Thank god it wasn't any worse than it was.

Take care.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:00 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your not feeling to good at the moment.Get well soon.Lor
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:04 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you feel better soon
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the kind wishes and the update. Did the troll get banned too? Where is PUK2OZ?

Yes, I am heaps better than I was, the staff and hospital were very good (even when they gave me a Lumbar puncture - which was hellish) and I think it's just the after effects lingering now. Fortunately, my Mum and Dad arrive on sunday from UK (bloody good timing) and I am looking forward to a cuddle from them.

Megs is banned? Oh dear. I quite liked him myself and at least he used to keep things interesting - what was he banned for, over-use of cut and paste?! Can't believe whats been happening!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:17 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you get well soon, my daughter had meningitis and it's not nice
Get loads of and give yourself plenty of time to get better.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=steandleigh]Lumbar puncture - ouchy!

Pheonix and BLC were a couple of those who deleted their accounts. Troll got himself banned. Megs got into a playground scuffle with troll but then briefly lost the plot, mods got cross, troll wound megs up more, megs wound up troll and megs got banned - go figure. Troll later got banned for crap threads.

There is obviously more to it all than that, but loads of threads got deleted, so it's now a bit confused.it got messy, but it is really over now and bouncing boobies are everywhere Just concentrate on getting better.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:20 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon.

Forum as always..........
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=moneypen20]
Originally Posted by steandleigh
Lumbar puncture - ouchy!

Pheonix and BLC were a couple of those who deleted their accounts. Troll got himself banned. Megs got into a playground scuffle with troll but then briefly lost the plot, mods got cross, troll wound megs up more, megs wound up troll and megs got banned - go figure. Troll later got banned for crap threads.

There is obviously more to it all than that, but loads of threads got deleted, so it's now a bit confused.it got messy, but it is really over now and bouncing boobies are everywhere Just concentrate on getting better.
Thanks for that! The forums gone boob mad, eh?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

[QUOTE=steandleigh]
Originally Posted by moneypen20

Thanks for that! The forums gone boob mad, eh?
boobies boobies everywhere and not a drop to drink
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The A Team
I hope you get well soon, my daughter had meningitis and it's not nice
Get loads of and give yourself plenty of time to get better.
Thanks for the advice, am off to beddybobos now. Have been sleeping like a baby on and off for days, due to the hospital medication. How long was it before your daughter was 'back to normal'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.