Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need cheering up.....

Need cheering up.....

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need cheering up.....

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hello,

on Monday I was rushed into Cairns Base Hospital and diagnosed with Meningitis. I've spent the past 4/5 days hooked up to a drip with strong antibiotics and been pumped with morphine for the shocking headache/photophobia/neck pain I've had. Obviously, I'm back at home now, after begging with the Doc's and am on a course of oral a.biotics and pain killers but am feeling very lethargic and sorry for myself. Anything I eat comes straight back as my tummy is used to being fed by the drip, I think. Being ill is poo.

Logged on today to cheer myself up and find the forum in disarray. Anyone want to condense the past five days events into a brief summary for me please? Just brief but, I don't want another stonking headache. Would just like to add that this weeks events (in my life, not on the forum) prove yet again that life is way too short.

Cheers, Leigh.
I agree don't know whats happened to expats latley.
Ohh you poor thing firstly hope you are feeling better soon its no fun being so ill in hospital.
I have sent you some karma see if that helps a little.
Being so ill does make you think though .Afew years ago I was in hospital with a burst appendix the Doc's had to operate really quick as I had been ill for some time with this and did not know what it was.The nurses at the hospital kept saying to me your a lucky young lady" I did not feel lucky what are they on about I thought.Then the consultant came and told me if we had not got to you when we did you would not be here now.As you can imagine I was most grateful.When I came out of hospital I looked at life in a totally different way.
Sending you hugs and hope you make a full recovery soon.
Dreamaway
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:34 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Sod the forum, you get better Stan.

what he says.

blimey - poor you.

Sending karma for a speedy super quick fast recovery mate x
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read that you have been so poorly.
Hope you get better soon

Whisky
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:53 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Glad that you are on the mend but what a grotty time to go through. I assume it was viral meningitis? My son had bacterial meningitis - meningococcal septacaemia - when he was younger. Fell seriously ill very quickly and just 7 hours after very first symptoms was having to be resuscitated and put onto life support. It took him quite a while to get to be 100% well, probably about 4 years, but most of that was damage to his heart by the septacaemia.

You may well find that you need some counselling or something at a later date. Very often when things sink in just how dangerously ill you have been, it causes quite an emotional reaction realising what could have happened. Send me a pm if you have any questions or would like a chat. (when you are more up to it of course). I am a member of The Meningitis Research Foundation and will try to answer any questions.

Anne
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

missed this thread, cos i got home pished last night.
stay back Stans got the scabby touch

hope your feeling better today. oh and i never slept a wink with worry last night when i read u were ill today
its now the boob forum. mine beats bixies anyday though.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

on Monday I was rushed into Cairns Base Hospital and diagnosed with Meningitis. I've spent the past 4/5 days hooked up to a drip with strong antibiotics and been pumped with morphine for the shocking headache/photophobia/neck pain I've had. Obviously, I'm back at home now, after begging with the Doc's and am on a course of oral a.biotics and pain killers but am feeling very lethargic and sorry for myself. Anything I eat comes straight back as my tummy is used to being fed by the drip, I think. Being ill is poo.

Logged on today to cheer myself up and find the forum in disarray. Anyone want to condense the past five days events into a brief summary for me please? Just brief but, I don't want another stonking headache. Would just like to add that this weeks events (in my life, not on the forum) prove yet again that life is way too short.

Cheers, Leigh.
Oh shit LEIGH hope you are ok

Take it easy and get some blood transfusions from the Mozzies the buggers have woken up now its spring.

God Bless StenDebs
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
missed this thread, cos i got home pished last night.
stay back Stans got the scabby touch

hope your feeling better today. oh and i never slept a wink with worry last night when i read u were ill today
its now the boob forum. mine beats bixies anyday though.

ROFL!!!! your avatar!!!! 10/10
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:30 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Cheers, Leigh.

Bloody hell, I am really sorry to read that you have been so ill.
I hope you make a speed recovery.
Take it easy.

Sharon
xxx
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
ROFL!!!! your avatar!!!! 10/10
cool init he he he , if they tell me to remove it i will. see how long it lasts. dont wanna rock the boat these days
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
cool init he he he , if they tell me to remove it i will. see how long it lasts. dont wanna rock the boat these days

It looks like you, a right tit.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bordy
It looks like you, a right tit.
ha ha ha , magic
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear you've been crook Leigh.
Hope your feeling better soon

Lots of Lurve

Sean and Debs
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Leigh........hope you feel heaps better soon.....I also am 'in the dark' about the forum...........must say that I have noticed a lot of the regulars have disappeared!!!

Hugs............love Sandra xxxxxxx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Leigh........hope you feel heaps better soon.....I also am 'in the dark' about the forum...........must say that I have noticed a lot of the regulars have disappeared!!!

Hugs............love Sandra xxxxxxx
All the above really... sorry to hear about how ill you've been. My partner had it when he was very young child and says he still remembers how painful the burning-up was. Hope you're feeling better soon, but there's no rush to start running around again, take your time xx