Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a Casual Job..how could I get one?

Need a Casual Job..how could I get one?

Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all
Default Need a Casual Job..how could I get one?

BExpats,

After many monets I return to Bexpats.

My OH's confidence is rock bottom. She has an accounting degree without much experience. We are getting her skills evaluation so she can proceed for her CPA, but in the mean time she is looking for casual jobs in Sydney. Something that keeps her busy for about 20 hours a week. She is planning to take courses, so a part time job will keep her busy along with courses.

Applying online to Coles, kmart etc has been with no luck. Any tips on how can we find a job for her? Getting her out of the house will be helpful to boost her confidence.

We are in the North Sydney area, so if any of you are looking for new hires or know of someone please let us know.

Sorry just a little low at this time.

scaria197
Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:43 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a Casual Job..how could I get one?

Originally Posted by scaria197
BExpats,

After many monets I return to Bexpats.

My OH's confidence is rock bottom. She has an accounting degree without much experience. We are getting her skills evaluation so she can proceed for her CPA, but in the mean time she is looking for casual jobs in Sydney. Something that keeps her busy for about 20 hours a week. She is planning to take courses, so a part time job will keep her busy along with courses.

Applying online to Coles, kmart etc has been with no luck. Any tips on how can we find a job for her? Getting her out of the house will be helpful to boost her confidence.

We are in the North Sydney area, so if any of you are looking for new hires or know of someone please let us know.

Sorry just a little low at this time.

scaria197
The Gum Tree website is good for all kinds of casual work, good luck
Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Has she thought of registering for a recruitment agency and asking to go on their temping books? That's how I got my current accounts job (not quite accountancy level though! )

But it will give her some Aussie experience and a network of people - contacts in the industry are always good to have
Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

lynx1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi have you tried the banks ? its a great way to make contacts in all financial fields and get that essential experience in Oz. There always seems to be work in one or another starting as a teller give it a year or maybe less and move up if you want to more experience and make some great contacts or maybe a transfer to different areas of the business. Westpac have been good to me and the training to progress is there. Good luck : ) and if all fails phone them up to ask why you didnt get the job I have no doubt they will snap up your OH just for taking an interest in the company and the job !