Nearly There

Old Sep 30th 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nearly There

Hi All

Hope you don't mind me sharing my feelings with you all !!

We have sold our house, nothing now stopping us going to Perth on our 457ie visa, been thru loads of emotions since hearing we got our visa, joy, worry, excitment, fear you name it we've had it. Now we are running out of reasons not to go, our son is looking forward to it, the house is sold, handed in our notices at work, managed to convince the wife spiders and snakes are not a problem, convinced myself the heat is not a problem, just one more hurdle left, will i be able to start, buy or get shares in a business to meet my 457ie visa requirements to get a PR visa, anyone out there on a 457 visa or just got there PR visa love to hear from you.

Thanks for listening

Phil
Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:42 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Phil

We are in the same boat as far as got the Visa (Skilled Indep) we handed our notice in 6 1/2 weeks ago and have sold house living with parents.

We are going through soo many different feelings at the moment. So much to organise got the bank account now keeping an eye on the exchange rate to get the best deal for our money.

Looks like we may need to leave the cars with my dad to sell as we have not got far on that.

We are actually taking 3 months to get to Oz by travelling Asia on the way. Hopefully this will relax us. I am worried about leaving friends and family though I am a very independant person.

This mornin walking to work I kept looking around York and thinking wow what a lovely city I won't get to see these views again. Not like me at all.

I hope we will be OK with work but we are both willing to do anything and we have close friends there who will help us along the way to settling. Perhaps I am worried without reason.

Oh well we fly 12th Nov and I intend to make this work along with hubby.

Jo
Old Sep 30th 2003, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck hope you have a nice time

Phil
Old Sep 30th 2003, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Hi Scallywag

Congratulations on getting your visa. Could you tell me how long it took to get approved? We've just applied for ours this week, although ours is State Sponsored - front end loaded so hopefully quicker than the 36 weeks that I've just been quoted by DIMIA.

We're already wondering about the realities of setting up a business or buying one to meet the criteria necessary to get PR as the required turnover for us is fairly high. An ideal situation I suppose would be to be able to buy a business with someone else, split the cost and both get PR.

Good luck anyway, when do you go?

Sam