Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nationwide Online Banking

Old Jun 19th 2023, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nationwide Online Banking

Hi. I've gone and frozen my debit card and my app needs updating so I cannot login to my app to unfreeze my card.

You cannot update your app on google play because you are in Australia no access.

Nationwide cannot do anything their side
​as I have called them.

Anyone have access to the app apk who could email it me or know where to download it from other than google play.

I'm stuck.
Old Jun 19th 2023, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nationwide Online Banking

They should be able to unlock the card for you. Husband had this issue. The app and security are starting to be an issue as they require Uk phone numbers.

There is a glitch with verification. I updated my phone and can’t activate the app I have it on my iPad so haven’t bothered to persue it.
Old Jun 19th 2023, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
They should be able to unlock the card for you. Husband had this issue. The app and security are starting to be an issue as they require Uk phone numbers.

There is a glitch with verification. I updated my phone and can’t activate the app I have it on my iPad so haven’t bothered to persue it.
No it's either un freeze via app or close account all money's sent via cheque to registered address..
You can't freeze without the app so a phone so it's the latest app or you have to return to the UK to un freeze.
Old Jun 19th 2023, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
No it's either un freeze via app or close account all money's sent via cheque to registered address..
You can't freeze without the app so a phone so it's the latest app or you have to return to the UK to un freeze.
just spoke to hubby.

A sympathetic lady at Nationwide said the way round it was to call again and report the card lost. They sent him a new card. Maybe that will work unless of course you need app to activate it. But you might be able to do it online rather than via the app.

You could try using a vpn to download app. I know he managed it somehow.

on the plus side we have just both received our £100 fairer share payments.

Last edited by rammygirl; Jun 19th 2023 at 11:46 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2023, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rammygirl
just spoke to hubby.

A sympathetic lady at Nationwide said the way round it was to call again and report the card lost. They sent him a new card. Maybe that will work unless of course you need app to activate it. But you might be able to do it online rather than via the app.

You could try using a vpn to download app. I know he managed it somehow.

on the plus side we have just both received our £100 fairer share payments.
Interesting. The guy at the Nationwide told me there was no change if they issue a new card because its the account that is locked not the card so by issuing a new card still keeps the account frozen.

Out of interest how could I down load the app via google play using a free VPN? I tried it in Opera using there VPN and it stated this app is not available in your country.
Old Jun 20th 2023, 9:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not with Nationwide but can you either set your location to UK (which worked for me to get Santander app) or if your phone is dual sim, maybe get a cheap UK esim?
Old Jun 20th 2023, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
Hi. I've gone and frozen my debit card and my app needs updating so I cannot login to my app to unfreeze my card.

You cannot update your app on google play because you are in Australia no access.

Nationwide cannot do anything their side
​as I have called them.

Anyone have access to the app apk who could email it me or know where to download it from other than google play.

I'm stuck.
Can you not send your details ie show bank card, drivers license, passport via an email to prove who you are and where you are and say what problem you have or do you have a family member in the UK who can call into a nationwide (I am sitting opposite one now in Marple lol) and ask them to help?
Old Jun 28th 2023, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Can you not send your details ie show bank card, drivers license, passport via an email to prove who you are and where you are and say what problem you have or do you have a family member in the UK who can call into a nationwide (I am sitting opposite one now in Marple lol) and ask them to help?
https://apkpure.com/supervpn-fast-vp...iant/2.8.4-APK

This worked a treat, installed and was able to locate Nationwide on GooglePlay.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Did you manage to verify it. I have changed my phone and the app doesn’t want to let me back in now!