Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nationwide Flex/Credit Cards - Lost/Defaced-Replaced

Nationwide Flex/Credit Cards - Lost/Defaced-Replaced

Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:54 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default Nationwide Flex/Credit Cards - Lost/Defaced-Replaced

Hi,

I am leaving for Oz in the next few weeks, maybe a month or so? I have a couple of Flex accounts and a credit card with the Nationwide B/S. My cards all expire next year, so they will have to issue new cards when i am living in Australia.

Has anyone any experiences, i thought, destroy my cards now before i leave, report them destroyed, so i get new cards with new dates, longer dates before expiring, which will give me a couple more years before i need new cards, so in time, i might not even need them issued, so saves the Nationwide having to issue me new cards in the near future, security etc.

Does anyone know whether my new cards would have the same expiry date as the old ones, or a new extended expiry date.

Thanks Soot
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nationwide Flex/Credit Cards - Lost/Defaced-Replaced

Hi Soot

I still have my Nationwide account, but I've registered my address as my mother's. I told the bank that I was relocating to Australia 'for a time'. I can track it online so no need to worry about paper statements. To be honest, the account is sitting idle with under a grand in it, since I'm using Commonwealth here, so I'll probably close it soon.

I'd go into your branch and ask their advice about whether to renew your card in advance. But I think it would certainly be easier renew it now. I was in a similar situation with my passport and got it renewed 9 months before expiry so I don't have to worry about it now for another decade.

Good luck!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:04 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Hi,

I guess i will call them up, i am going to scrap them, chop the old cards up, ask for replacement cards prior for leaving for Oz. Just hope they have new dates on them, well extended.

Sooty
Old Jul 12th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know who you get on
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

im sure you are able to have new ones sent out,i know my sister in law did.You just have to be resident in the UK when you open the account thats all.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:50 am
FHI
Forum Regular

FHI is on a distinguished road

I would suggest you set up an Australian credit card as soon as you can. It can become very expensive using the UK one in Australia - the exchange rates used whenever you do tranactions tend to not be very good
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FHI
I would suggest you set up an Australian credit card as soon as you can. It can become very expensive using the UK one in Australia - the exchange rates used whenever you do tranactions tend to not be very good
I agree with the credit cards but the flex account is good for rellies wanting to pay in birthday money etc
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:34 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Hi,

I am leaving for Oz in the next few weeks, maybe a month or so? I have a couple of Flex accounts and a credit card with the Nationwide B/S. My cards all expire next year, so they will have to issue new cards when i am living in Australia.

Has anyone any experiences, i thought, destroy my cards now before i leave, report them destroyed, so i get new cards with new dates, longer dates before expiring, which will give me a couple more years before i need new cards, so in time, i might not even need them issued, so saves the Nationwide having to issue me new cards in the near future, security etc.

Does anyone know whether my new cards would have the same expiry date as the old ones, or a new extended expiry date.

Thanks Soot
if you report them lost and they reissue you new cards don't they just come back with the same expiry date anyway?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
if you report them lost and they reissue you new cards don't they just come back with the same expiry date anyway?
Can anyone or someone confirm this? Surely new cards new dates?

Soot.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by donna
I agree with the credit cards but the flex account is good for rellies wanting to pay in birthday money etc
I just get ours to pay into our paypal account and from there into the bank