Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

national insurance

national insurance

Old May 11th 2006, 7:21 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default national insurance

something has struck me, is it worth carrying on paying national insurance whilst living in the sunny continent of oz,

does anybody have any pros and cons to doing this, could it solve alot of probs or is it more hasle than it is worth

cheer steve
Old May 11th 2006, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: national insurance

Originally Posted by hoops
something has struck me, is it worth carrying on paying national insurance whilst living in the sunny continent of oz,

does anybody have any pros and cons to doing this, could it solve alot of probs or is it more hasle than it is worth

cheer steve
It depends really on whether you think you will return.

I am not going to be paying it because I believe that when I retire there will be no state pensions, so I would rather put the money into something else instead. Plus being a woman, I have had 5 years out bringing up kids, so if I carried on paying it I would need to make up the 5 years I missed.

I also have no intention of ever returning to the UK, even if I don't like Oz, I will not be coming back to the UK.

I'm sure someone will tell you the pro's for paying it, but I haven't looked into it for the above reasons.
Old May 11th 2006, 7:31 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: national insurance

oh dont get me wrong we have no intention of coming home however, if any off my family have an illness that may need an operation how does that affect us? and can we claim state pension at retirment age ?

steve