Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Name that Aussie Choc Bar??????

Name that Aussie Choc Bar??????

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:16 pm
Merlot

Question Name that Aussie Choc Bar??????

I have been asked what choc I would like sending from Oz and there is a nougat/chewy type bar in a red wrapper made by Cadbury’s I think. For the life of me I can’t remember its name. A bit like a big Texan bar - do you remember those?

Not sure if they still do them, used to get them in Coles. Been on Coles website and can’t find the freaking name or the Cadbury’s site. Arghhhhhh!! :scared:

Can anyone enlighten me?

Forever in your debt, Merlot

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:18 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name that Aussie Choc Bar??????

Originally Posted by Merlot
I have been asked what choc I would like sending from Oz and there is a nougat/chewy type bar in a red wrapper made by Cadbury’s I think. For the life of me I can’t remember its name. A bit like a big Texan bar - do you remember those?

Not sure if they still do them, used to get them in Coles. Been on Coles website and can’t find the freaking name or the Cadbury’s site. Arghhhhhh!! :scared:

Can anyone enlighten me?

Forever in your debt, Merlot
Is it the Polly Waffle. Don't know what it is but the wrapper sounds simillar
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing i can think of is a picnic, but those are in England. Oh and cherry ripe is in a red packet, but its not nougat
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:21 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by HUP
Is it the Polly Waffle. Don't know what it is but the wrapper sounds simillar
Nupe not that one but craving one of those now - complete madness I know, I am surrounded by a tonne of English choc and now want Australian stuff.

I can see the packet but like you can't think of the name, it is something you don't see in every shop or servo. Also missing Peppermint Crisps.

Oh it is frustrating :scared: Thanks anyway

Merlot

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieNoodles is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it the honey nougart bar?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:22 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by hevs
The only thing i can think of is a picnic, but those are in England. Oh and cherry ripe is in a red packet, but its not nougat
They have probably taken it off the shelf, OK that is a task for you folks in Australia is for a supermarket sweep at lunchtime to find one of these blasted bars!!!!

M

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:23 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by MaggieNoodles
Is it the honey nougart bar?
I suppose the only way I can describe it is as a Double decker but without the crispie bit, the chewy part. It is quite a heavy bar to eat.

M

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

I suppose the only way I can describe it is as a Double decker but without the crispie bit, the chewy part. It is quite a heavy bar to eat.

M
Just nougart covered in chocolate and if you refrigerate it it nearly breaks your teeth. When they had it in the shops, alongside it was another similar bar a bit more nutty nougart but covered with chocolate and coconut. If it is the same one I am thinking of I think it's name was something like the honey nougart bar - very creative. I'll try to find it on the net.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:28 pm
Merlot

Just nougart covered in chocolate and if you refrigerate it it nearly breaks your teeth. When they had it in the shops, alongside it was another similar bar a bit more nutty nougart but covered with chocolate and coconut. If it is the same one I am thinking of I think it's name was something like the honey nougart bar - very creative. I'll try to find it on the net.
You and I together netting it, boy I must be nuts, I am trying every word possible to find it.

Cheer for help.

M

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I think it could be a chokito, although, i'm not a big choclate consumer.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:29 pm
Merlot

IT IS CALLED "WHIP"

Bloody hell, I feel so much better now!!!!!!

Thank you so much for all your help chaps and chapettes.

Happy Belly Merlot

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

IT IS CALLED "WHIP"

Bloody hell, I feel so much better now!!!!!!

Thank you so much for all your help chaps and chapettes.

Happy Belly Merlot
I think I was thinking of a different one. Oh well, I'm now drooling over all the yummy stuff I've been missing over the years, cherry ripes, teddy bear biscuits, jaffas, mmmmmmm
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:40 pm
Merlot

I think I was thinking of a different one. Oh well, I'm now drooling over all the yummy stuff I've been missing over the years, cherry ripes, teddy bear biscuits, jaffas, mmmmmmm
WOW, it was Jaffa's that got me on this mission as I craved them at the beginning of the week, I have my MIL on a shop and send expo this weekend.

Yummy tummy

M

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:41 pm
Merlot

A gentle reminder of Teddy Bear Biccy's!
Attached Thumbnails Name that Aussie Choc Bar??????-arntb.jpg  

Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

A gentle reminder of Teddy Bear Biccy's!
mmmm, I might have to get my mum on a shop and send expo myself.

Thanks for the reminders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.