Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My westpac account?

My westpac account?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default My westpac account?

I have had a westpac account now for almost 2yrs,had planned on being there by now,but not there yet,hopefully next year,but i wanted to know what happens if your westpac account is not active?
Do they close it down,will they tell you before they do or dont they worry?i have money in both my accounts and one gains interest and the other i get a fee each month taken off which i dont really mind.
I used to often transfer money into it to keep active etc as sometimes companys like to see accounts being used,but i not put any money in for a while and did wonder if they would be looking to close my account,would i get warning and would they tell me.
As i would not want to open another acount but keep this one open,your advise would be great.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

AnnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My westpac account?

We have Westpac accounts that have been open since 2006. We did use them regularly until we came back to the UK in 2007 but have only used them whilst visiting in 2008 and again this year. We've never had any problems with any periods of inactivity.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My westpac account?

Originally Posted by brian.w
I have had a westpac account now for almost 2yrs,had planned on being there by now,but not there yet,hopefully next year,but i wanted to know what happens if your westpac account is not active?
Do they close it down,will they tell you before they do or dont they worry?i have money in both my accounts and one gains interest and the other i get a fee each month taken off which i dont really mind.
I used to often transfer money into it to keep active etc as sometimes companys like to see accounts being used,but i not put any money in for a while and did wonder if they would be looking to close my account,would i get warning and would they tell me.
As i would not want to open another acount but keep this one open,your advise would be great.
Your account will remain open until such time as you authorise it to be closed. However, just be mindful of the account where you have a fee debited each month. This happened to me a few years ago. I hadn’t used my account for about 2 years, and being a little on the naïve side back then, didn’t realise that a fee was being debited each month. When I went to withdraw from a balance of what I believed should have been about $200.00, it registered overdrawn and I ended up owing them money. So if the balance reaches zero, the monthly fee will still be debited. Since then I refuse to pay bank fees