Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My Venezuelan Wife in Perth

My Venezuelan Wife in Perth

Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light
Default My Venezuelan Wife in Perth

Hi my Venezuelan wife is worried she wont meet any fellow South Americans.
Are any of you guys South American or does anybody know of any.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:59 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Venezuelan Wife in Perth

Originally Posted by Emiric
Loads of south Americans in Aus. Lots of Chileans in Melbourne. I'm in Perth and know 2 people married to Argentinians. There's a Latin American Association in Perth, they used to have a TV show until Access31 got canned.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:36 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of S. Americans in Perth. My Spanish friend has met loads and they seem to have a lot of meet-ups. Chile (Santiago) is a an outsource location for a lot of mining and engineering companies and quite a few Chileans get posted over here.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Plenty of S. Americans in Perth. My Spanish friend has met loads and they seem to have a lot of meet-ups. Chile (Santiago) is a an outsource location for a lot of mining and engineering companies and quite a few Chileans get posted over here.
Hey many thanks for your comments they should set my wifes mind at rest..
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Interesting post as we live in Aruba and my child (who is 6 on Thursday) is fluent in Spanish. Her nanny is also from Columbia, so that helps too. I am sad that she will be loosing this language.....maybe in Brisbane there will be a Spanish kid or two for her to practise with.....intersting thought !

Nix
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

nikki75 will become famous soon enoughnikki75 will become famous soon enough

Well, I know of at least one Venezuelan in Perth
She's a friend of a friend and moved there a few months ago.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

There is a smallish but groweing Latino community here in Perth.
The Colombian community of 300 seems to be one of the big growers.Also a considerable number of students from Brazil(i know not Spanish speaking)And older communities from Chile and EL Salvadour who came as refugees during previous conflicts.
A number of Australian men are also married to women from varried countries over there.
I have met one only Venezuelan a woman here at a South American party'.
So you should find enough people here not to be lonely but you will have to make the effort to go to South American Club etc as you do not hear Spanish language on the streets very often.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
There is a smallish but groweing Latino community here in Perth.
The Colombian community of 300 seems to be one of the big growers.Also a considerable number of students from Brazil(i know not Spanish speaking)And older communities from Chile and EL Salvadour who came as refugees during previous conflicts.
A number of Australian men are also married to women from varried countries over there.
I have met one only Venezuelan a woman here at a South American party'.
So you should find enough people here not to be lonely but you will have to make the effort to go to South American Club etc as you do not hear Spanish language on the streets very often.
Just to follow up on above.
Just done a quick check on the immigration stats for previous two years and discovered that 21 Venezuelans arrived in the year 07-08 up from 8 for the previous year.
That is a lot more than i would have anticipated.
Only larger number of Latin Americans came from Brazil at 48 up from 31..then Ven followed by Peru at 20 down from 23 previous year.
So that may help a little in giving you an idea into the size of our Latino community.
Also knowing that a smallish Venezuelan population does
reside here may add a little comfort.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

on a side note. are there many Italians in Perth, as in where you could go and shoot the breeze with them in Italian. Or French too....?

I could be in Perth soon, but would be nice to try and use my old lingos any way I can...
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by criodain
on a side note. are there many Italians in Perth, as in where you could go and shoot the breeze with them in Italian. Or French too....?

I could be in Perth soon, but would be nice to try and use my old lingos any way I can...
Italians are mainly in Sydney and Melbourne and are elderly, the majority of the current Italian descended generation speaks very little to no Italian.

Very little French anywhere.