My Scenario

Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

ashaide is on a distinguished road
Default My Scenario

I did make a post a long while back about wanting to move to NZ, but now we are planning to go to Aus. So here is how it is now.

My OH and two children aged 15 and 3 are planning to move to melbourne. We have a very good friend who has started a business and is going to sponsor my OH to work at his company. We wont have to do the EOI for this will we ?

I will be sorting out the Schooling for the kids while he starts work and saving.

We are also looking to ship the pets over so to speak. We have a Border Collie dog aged 13 months, and a cat who is about 6-7. I am wondering about moving the animals over on a pet passport scheme so we dont have to have them into Quarantine, But wonder how to go about it. Visit the vet etc.

The area of melbourne we are going to is Ballan. There are not many houses to rent in that area, or if there are, I can't find them.

So on this subject, Your advice please.

Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Scenario

Ballan is about eighty ks from the CBD of Melboune.

Have a look at this real estate agent maybe you could contact them and see what is around.

http://www.raynerrealestate.com.au/n...ate-agent.html
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:29 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

You can't use the pet passport scheme to bring cats and dogs into Australia:

Importing pets into Australia
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently Stubbly-on-the-Minge. Soon to be Melbourne!!
Stilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the rough

Cats from the UK need to spend a minimum of 30 days in quarantine. But on the plus side, cats from the UK do not need rabies shots.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

ashaide is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Petals
Ballan is about eighty ks from the CBD of Melboune.

Have a look at this real estate agent maybe you could contact them and see what is around.

http://www.raynerrealestate.com.au/n...ate-agent.html
I saw this link today, but its not working properly.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that is no good. Go to realestate.com.au and go to Agents on the left and put in Ballan and all the agents in the area will come up. If that does not work go to Domain.com.au and do the same thing, or just look up property on there.

Good luck.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

As has already been said, your pets will have to spend 30 days in quarantine in Melbourne. Do carry on with the pet passport plans though as "if" you do return to the U.K they won't have to spend time in quarantine upon return (as long as you keep rabies jabs up to date), otherwise it's 6 months quarantine!!!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ashaide
I did make a post a long while back about wanting to move to NZ, but now we are planning to go to Aus. So here is how it is now.

My OH and two children aged 15 and 3 are planning to move to melbourne. We have a very good friend who has started a business and is going to sponsor my OH to work at his company. We wont have to do the EOI for this will we ?

I will be sorting out the Schooling for the kids while he starts work and saving.

We are also looking to ship the pets over so to speak. We have a Border Collie dog aged 13 months, and a cat who is about 6-7. I am wondering about moving the animals over on a pet passport scheme so we dont have to have them into Quarantine, But wonder how to go about it. Visit the vet etc.

The area of melbourne we are going to is Ballan. There are not many houses to rent in that area, or if there are, I can't find them.

So on this subject, Your advice please.

Thanks
The Aussie immigration system is very different to the NZ one, and doesn't invove EOIs. You need to start here - www.immi.gov.au for visa info