Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My dog is flying tonight

My dog is flying tonight

Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of
Default Re: My dog is flying tonight

Good luck dog.

Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Just a final note, we got our dog out of quarantine yesterday. She is fine.

One note for all those bring their dogs over. If possible get a certificate or a signed letter stating that your dog has been desexed. This will help when registering with the council. Basically to encourage you to desex your dogs. the registration is cheaper if you produce a certificate to state your dog is desexed.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE FLYING DOGS AND CATS.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:59 am
Just Joined

loll is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Just a final note, we got our dog out of quarantine yesterday. She is fine.

One note for all those bring their dogs over. If possible get a certificate or a signed letter stating that your dog has been desexed. This will help when registering with the council. Basically to encourage you to desex your dogs. the registration is cheaper if you produce a certificate to state your dog is desexed.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE FLYING DOGS AND CATS.
Bet you were really glad to get her back, have you found it easy to rent somewhere having a dog and who did you send her with? Have had quite a few quotes all a very lot of money very hard which one to choose
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice

Originally Posted by loll
Bet you were really glad to get her back, have you found it easy to rent somewhere having a dog and who did you send her with? Have had quite a few quotes all a very lot of money very hard which one to choose
We sent our cat out and she was absolutely fine! Cost me £2000 all up if I remember rightly I collected her from her month in quarantine after visiting her 3 x week, we kept her indoors for the recommended few weeks, let her out and she got run over by a car
Hmmmmm, not a great time
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:22 am
Just Joined

loll is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bubsblooms
We sent our cat out and she was absolutely fine! Cost me £2000 all up if I remember rightly I collected her from her month in quarantine after visiting her 3 x week, we kept her indoors for the recommended few weeks, let her out and she got run over by a car
Hmmmmm, not a great time
that is really sad, we have 2 dogs and a cat we want to take. won't be able to visit them in quarantine as we are going up to cairns it looks like it will cost about 6000 pound which we will really struggle to find
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Renting not an issue because we already own a house,(mad moment in july) we used airpets, because it's run by vets and they were very caring, and good with dealing with my neurotic, worried phonecalls. They spray the crete and vetbed with pheromones to help the animals relax for the flight.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Hmmmmm, not a great time
How awful for you, so sorry to hear this. take care.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Renting not an issue because we already own a house,(mad moment in july) we used airpets, because it's run by vets and they were very caring, and good with dealing with my neurotic, worried phonecalls. They spray the crete and vetbed with pheromones to help the animals relax for the flight.
Hey flodsfive. Sounds like we both had similar mad moments - we also bought a house before we got here! Quite weird but we laugh and say we bought it with the "Buy it Now" button. Worked out well though as nice not to have to go into rented and then all the disruption of packing again later. Bet your pup was pleased to see you again.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Hmmmmm, not a great time
Oh, gosh Budsblooms, poor you. Was very sad to read this post.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice

that is really sad, we have 2 dogs and a cat we want to take. won't be able to visit them in quarantine as we are going up to cairns it looks like it will cost about 6000 pound which we will really struggle to find
It is really costly I agree but what can you do? We thought about rehoming the cat (in hindsight she may have faired better!) but it would have been like leaving a child behind We used Airpets and I seriously could not fault a thing. Absolutely brilliant and not at all dismissive of neurotic requirements I guess if you are prepared to sacrifice to afford to fly a pet you must be a little strange..... (some would think anyway)
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Oz Dreaming is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Can i ask you all what companies you have used to ship your dogs to australia. I see Airpets, but are there any other (always good to get multiple quotes).

Also do these companies do everything or do you have to arrange your vet to do the blood tests, vaccinations etc

Thanks
M
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi Oz Dreaming,

Here is a link to a page on my site that shows several of the companies and their contact details:-

http://www.dogwalks.com.au/index.php...d=34&Itemid=38

Regarding blood tests and vaccines etc, they can arrange everything for you but it just then costs more. I did most of it myself with the help of my very patient vet and it did keep the cost down.

Hope that helps. Do ask if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help.

Good Luck!

Karen
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:06 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Despite having two dogs we recently managed to rent the first house we viewed in a good area of central Melbourne-all newly refurbished, new carpets etc. They just inserted a clause saying we had to have the carpets steamed on leaving. It's easier than you would think-I have come across a few people who have had no probs renting with pets. Some apartments wont allow but thats because of the body corporate rules rather than the landlord's opinion-so I would say easier if renting a house to get pets accepted.